Chapter Twelve

I walk by faith even when I cannot see. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

______

Elladan's POV

Her hair spills down her back in silky crimson curls. Her pale skin seems to glow of starlight as she stands by the open window, looking out into the night sky. The moonlight showers her in ethereal radiance. A creamy white dress clings to her body lightly, no sleeves or material over her back or arms to cover her soft skin. A single golden ribbon is wrapped around her waist, keeping the dress tied.

"You told me you would be home hours ago," she says as I approach her silently. I can feel her emotions through our bond. Amusement. Excitement. Love. Contentment.

I stop right behind her, reaching out to trail my fingers down her back. Bashfulness. Delight.

"I intended to keep my promise, Mell nín (My beloved), but Ada kept talking and talking and talking," I breathe, moving her hair over her left shoulder. I lean down, placing my lips on her neck. I feel her tense for a second before relaxing into my touch.

"I missed you," she whispers as I kiss her skin, moving up to kiss her behind her ear. She inhales shakily, and I fight a smile.

"And I missed you," I reply, "I bet you cannot tell."

She laughs beautifully, and she turns in my arms to look up at me. Her green eyes captivate me, as they always do, and I know in my heart that I will never grow tired of gazing into them. They dance with laughter and light and love. I am positive mine reflect her own.

"You are my husband. I know you like the back of my hand," she says with a lift of her lips, and I almost give into her right then.

A lazy smirk makes its way to my lips, and I place my hand on her cheek, caressing her face softly. "You know me that well? I am pleasantly surprised, I must say. We have only been married for a few weeks," I say, my fingers traveling down until my hand is resting against her neck.

"You are not too hard to figure out, 'Dan," she says with a teasing laugh.

I glower at her jokingly, and she smiles brightly. My gaze drops, only just realizing what the front of her dress looks like. Its neck line cuts down far- far enough to leave little to the imagination. I glance back up at her with a poorly concealed smirk. I let my hand slide down from her neck, softly dragging my fingers down over her collarbone and tracing the line of material down her chest.

"'Dan," she scolds, grabbing my wrist and stopping it before I can allow it to go further, "You have been home naught but a few minutes."

I laugh at her, watching delightedly as her cheeks turn rosy. "I have not done anything!" I exclaim, "You have not even kissed me, my wife."

She blushes harder. "You are misbehaving. You do not get a kiss."

I raise my eyebrow at her. "Oh?" I question, and I eye the ribbon holding her dress together, "You know, I do not fancy this ribbon."

"Elladan!" she exclaims, her eyes widening as I place my hands on her waist.

I laugh at her, leaning down to lay my forehead against hers. "You know I love teasing you," I say before placing my lips against hers.

She kisses me back softly for a moment before I step closer, pulling her tightly against me. Her arms wrap around my neck, pulling my head down closer to her's. I deepen the kiss, my hands traveling to the bare skin of her back. One of my hands travels to her hair, tangling in the soft tresses as I fall under her spell.