That was unexpected

This was the last day of Camp. And soon I will be back sharing a room with Becca in my families house.
"Kevin you worthless fagot what are you doing here," its him. I haven't heard that voice in a year. When he sent me here. It's my dad.
"Don't call me that," I say.
"I can call you whatever I want,"
"No you can't your pour excuse of a person and an even worse father, you should go burn in hell," Mom?
I go to her side. Cristy is there to.
"What are you gunna do. Nag my to death?" The asshole says.
"No. I'm going to fucking kill you if you don't leave MY son alone," Mom says.
"He is my son. Always has been. Always will be!" His speech is slurring I can tell he's drunk. That's when he was the scariest. I hide behind Mom because I'm scared shitless.
"No. He is not. You wouldn't even respect him and enough to let him be himself. Now get out of my camp," Cristy says, "or I will call the cops,"
He doesn't budge. I go up to him and I can smell the liquor on his breath.
"You may be my dad. But you are a price of shit and I hope you burn in hell,"
He gets a disappointed look then he stumbles off. Before he's completely gone he yells "I'm sorry son," and I never see him again.
I always think that .maybe he finally excepted me at the that moment. But I know he was just trying to be a good dad for once. Maybe either way it doesn't matter.
Maybe it does.