Prolouge: The Nightmare

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Mikey woke up in fright. He then looked at the alarm clock near his bed. "3.00 in the morning? Wow, not even Leo woke up this early." He then walked out of the door, since he felt too afraid to go back to sleep anyways. He thought, "Maybe if I walked around the lair, I can then go back to sleep then." He then looked around the lair. Donnie's lab is still being lighted up. He decided to check it out in curiosity. "Donnie must have fallen asleep in the lab again...." He thought.

Sure enough, when he went and checked it out, Donnie had fallen fast asleep on the lab desk. He then decided to wake him up. "Donnie.....Donnie.....DONNIE!" "Huh....Mikey, what time is it?" "It's about 3.00 am in the morning, dude. You fell asleep on the desk again." Donnie, being half-asleep, checked out the desktop clock. "3.00 am huh....." He then realised something. "Mikey, what are you doing here so late?" "I was......just getting a drink dude, when I found you sleeping on your desk." He quickly formed a lie as he did not really want to talk about his nightmare, which startled him in the middle of the night.

"Mikey, are you sure you were just getting a drink? Did you have a nightmare?" "I....Of course not, Don! Why would I have one? Heh heh......." He laughed nervously, while Donnie arched an eyebrow. "Mikey, you never woke up this late...or rather, early. What's the nightmare about this time?" "I.....Ok Don..." When they went to Donnie's room, Donnie closed the door and pulled Mikey close. "I dreamt that you and everyone else....Leo and Raph....all....betrayed me, Don. You all ganged up against me, saying that the Shredder chose to eliminate me, so you all said that you wanted to kill me. I tried to call for Master Splinter, Donnie, but....I have no idea where he was, he was just....gone.....just gone."

Mikey then sobbed onto Donnie's plastron. Donnie hugged Mikey and rubbed his shell soothingly. "Mikey, we would never leave you. We all love you, Mikey, and we will never hurt you. We will never betray and turn our shells on you, Mikey." "But, what if that really happened?" "We will not hurt you, Mikey, remember that. We will NEVER, leave you or hurt you." "Really?" "Really, Mikey." "....Ok." Mikey slowly fell asleep on Donnie's bed. Donnie then pull his covers over him and protectively pulled him close. "Good Night, Mikey."

-TO BE CONTINUED-