Chapter 3: Comfort

Foot Headquarters

"WHAT! The orange turtle has escaped?" "Yes, Master Shredder. We tried to finish him off, but he escaped. He was nowhere to be found." "I ordered you to eliminate him while you had the chance!" "We are sorry, Master Shredder, but next time, we will not disappoint you. We will hunt the family down, and destroy them, limb by limb." The Shredder pondered for a while. "....Alright, Leonardo, but I warn you, I expect that the next time you face them, they will die miserably." "Yes, Master Shredder." "Now leave."

The 3 turtles bowed and proceeded out of the throne room. They then started to speak once they thought that they would not be eavesdropped. "Guys, we will have to be ready when that orange turtle and his allies and family are here." "Yeah, of course. But.....I can't shake off the feeling that I know who that turtle is. Who IS he?" "I don't know, but that turtle kept saying that we are his brothers, and that Hamato Yoshi is our master and father."

"Yeah, I actually wonder whether we actually know more about Michelangelo than we thought. That feeling I felt during that battle. I suddenly feel like protecting him all of a sudden." "Yeah, I felt like I should not be doing what I was doing, which is making his end swift." "Guys, we have a mission to do, we better not let our master down." "Of course." "I am going up to the archives. See you guys later." "Ok, Donnie, give us a shout if you need us." "Ok."

When he arrived at the archives, the Foot Ninjas saw him and let him in. He then decided to look through the archives about that mysterious orange turtle. He couldn't shake off that feeling that he should find out who he is. "Where is it...Aha, found it! Michelangelo is in the Hamato clan. He is the son of Hamato Yoshi and brothers to the other sons of Hamato Yoshi, also known as Leonardo, Donatello and Raphael...." When he read about Mikey, he was shocked. "Though the 3 turtles are no longer considered as a threat, this turtle is still considered a threat. He should be eliminated...."

Suddenly, everything came back to him. His family, his friends, his brothers, his promise to Mikey. All of a sudden, he felt sick. He spat a brain worm out of his system. When he saw the brain worm, he understood. The Shredder was trying to turn him against his own family. "So that explains that sensation. I should not be doing that, ever. Mikey, don't worry, we will all find a way to escape the Shredder's clutches and protect you from him. You will not die by our hands, ever. The Shredder will pay for this." He then threw the brain worm into a fireplace that he found in the archives room.

He then printed a copy of Mikey's information from the archives and hid it in his belt. He will let Raph and Leo see this interesting piece of information the Shredder had kept from them.

M, C and A's Side

"What?" Casey asked. "So, the Shredder wants to turn the dudes against you?" "And Master Splinter. Oh shell...." "Oh dear.....Don't worry, Mikey. We are here to help. I am sure that we will get your brothers back." "Thanks, April." "Hey, what are friends for? Come on guys, we can't stay here for too long. The Shredder may plan another attack. Let's go." "K, Red." "Ok, April."

Back At The Lair

"Bye, Mikey. We will see you tomorrow!" "Yeah, we will get those dudes back, no matter what it takes!" "Thanks guys." Mikey gratefully waved goodbye to them. When they were gone, he slumped onto the couch. His brothers were in the Shredder's control. They will destroy him and his family. He was nervous at the thought. He will have to be ready to fight them, the next time they met each other on the battlefield.

Suddenly, he felt someone calling out to him on the spiritual plane. "What the..." He immediately rushed to his room, closed the door and sat in a lotus position on his bed, where he would be more comfortable. He then concentrated on meditating. When he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar sight. "Donnie? I thought you were in...." "Mikey, I am now in full control of myself. The Shredder is not controlling me anymore." "I see...." Mikey did not know what to say.

"Are you injured, Mikey? I am sorry that we all attacked you like that. Are you ok?" Donnie rushed to Mikey. "Yeah, dude, I am ok, it's just that, I'm scared, Don." Donnie pulled him close. "Scared that you will all eliminate me, just like in the nightmare. This is not a nightmare anymore, Donnie. I am scared." Silent tears were falling onto his cheeks.

Donnie wiped his tears away and firmly forced Mikey to look into his eyes. "Mikey, you will never die by our hands. Remember our promise that night?" "Yeah..." "We will never hurt you, Mikey, ever, we will never leave you or turn our shells on you." "I know, Donnie, but the Shredder...." "The Shredder will not get away with this, Mikey, for certain." "What are you going to do?" "I will talk with Raph and Leo over this. Don't worry, Mikey, the Shredder will pay." Mikey smiled. "Ok, Donnie."

Just then, voices were heard. "I have to go, Mikey, but don't worry, I will be back." "Ok, Don." They gave each other a comforting hug before Don left. Mikey woke up and felt happier than he was the night before. His bros will be back to normal. Soon.

-TO BE CONTINUED-