Chapter 9: Torture and Comfort

"Tell me where Hamato Yoshi is!" "Never!" Mikey yelped in pain when he was shocked by a huge jolt of electricity for about the 8th time that day. His brothers were forced to watch it all. Even though they managed to put on blank faces, all 4 turtles knew that their hearts were hurting for their youngest brother. "Now, tell me where Hamato Yoshi is! Now! I might just spare your life, turtle." "You know my answer already, Shredder. The answer is no." Mikey was shocked again. He yelped in pain again.

"You are lucky, turtle, that I have to have something important to tend to. I will let you off...for now. Leonardo, lock him up." Leo nodded and picked Mikey from the table. He bowed and left. When he was certain that they were out of earshot, Leo examined Mikey's injuries worriedly. "Don't worry, Leo. I'm ok." Mikey saw Leo's worried look and gritted his teeth when he said that. Leo put him down on some hallway and, after making sure that no one was nearby, he whispered. "No, Mikey, you're not."

"No, Leo. I'm fine. Really." "Stop lying to me, Mikey. I know you are hurt." Leo's eyes were filled with rage, but that was a different type of rage. He was angry at himself. Mikey widened his eyes. "Leo, it was not your fault....." "It is, Mikey." Leo gritted his teeth. "I betrayed you, Mikey. I hurt you and I allowed you to get hurt." "Leo, I....Leo...." Mikey was shocked when Leo's tears fell from his eyes. Leo, the fearless leader, the one who had control over his emotions, actually cried!

Mikey cautiously wiped Leo's tears away. "Leo...." He was surprised when Leo suddenly hugged him. "I'm sorry, Mikey. I'm so, so sorry....." He whispered. "I never blame you for this, big bro." His hands landed on Leo's shell. "It's not your fault, Leo." Self-blame was replaced by love between the two brothers. They did not let go for several minutes. Leo carried his baby brother after those several minutes, in fear of being spotted by any other Foot. Leo's grip tightened on his brother.

"Don't worry, Mikey. We will come up with an escape plan, but until then, you will have to hold on. Is that ok?" Mikey nodded. He locked the cell. "Don't worry, Baby Brother. Everything is going to be ok." He smiled at Mikey before he left. "The turtle was locked up in his cell, Master Shredder." "Well done, Leonardo. You may leave." Leo bowed to the Shredder before leaving. They should come up with an escape plan quickly, before the Shredder suspects anything.

The Lair

"Master Splinter, the Shredder captured Mikey." "What?" Master Splinter sat up. He had lost 3 sons to the Shredder. Was he going to lose one more son to the Shredder? "Yeah, Master Splinter. The Shredder captured Mikey. But, something was really...strange." "How was the whole thing strange, Casey?" Even though all 4 of his sons were taken, Master Splinter tried to remain as calm as possible. "He gave us this...envelope, Master Splinter. He...also acknowledge you as their Sensei, still." "Really?" Master Splinter's ears pricked in interest.

The turtles should have acknowledged the Shredder as their Master, but since they acknowledged Master Splinter as their Sensei, this meant that they were in full control. Something was definitely wrong. "Leo wanted you to read this, Master Splinter." April gave him the envelope. Master Splinter accepted the envelope and took out the letter. He read it silently.

Master Splinter,

We are sorry, Sensei. The Shredder wanted to witness us capturing Mikey, so....we had no choice, Sensei. We can't let the Shredder suspect anything. What if the plan goes wrong? What if Mikey's life is in danger? We had to betray everyone. Sensei, we are so sorry. Please forgive us.

We will come up with another escape plan. It will be difficult, but we will try. Please tell April and Casey that we are sorry for everything, and DO NOT act rashly. The Shredder will capture them as well, if they act rashly. We will be home soon, Sensei. Take care of yourself, Sensei, and wait for our return.

Your sons,

Leo, Donnie and Raph

Master Splinter finished reading it. "Master Splinter? What did they say?" "April and Casey, I permit you two to read this letter. I think that this letter might be of....interest to you." When they read the letter, they frowned. "So, that explains why the dudes did not follow the plan." "What should we do, Master Splinter?" April asked. "For the moment, stay cautious, and be on your guard. If you make a wrong move, the Shredder might capture you as well. Be wary of your surroundings." April and Casey nodded.

When they left the lair to go to their respective homes, Master Splinter looked at the picture of him and his sons. "I hope that you will all return home safely, my sons." Master Splinter whispered.

Foot Headquarters

"Donatello, since we will be needing this turtle alive, I will permit you to treat this turtle. I will give you one hour to do that." "Yes, Master Shredder." Donnie bowed before seeing the Shredder leaving. He heaved a sigh of relief. "Donnie...Is that you?" Mikey whispered. Donnie turned around and put the first-aid kit down. He embraced Mikey. "Yes, Mikey. I am here now." Donnie rubbed his baby brother's shell as he said so.

-TO BE CONTINUED-