Chapter 3 (From Ava to Angel)

Here's Chappie 3. I hope you enjoy. :) Feedback would be epic. Okay, now bye and thanks and enjoy.

Ava went home that night to her house- a small apartment she shared with her friend, Tia. Tia was currently on a road trip with some of her friends, so Ava was left alone. She slammed the door shut, locked it, and collapsed on the couch. She was exhausted- it was midnight by the time she got home- and she immediately dismissed it as tiredness from the pregnancy. 

Speaking of the pregnancy, she pulled her shirt up slightly to inspect her stomach. Still pretty flat. Just the slightest bump. She ran her hand over her stomach and squinted at it, as if trying to suddenly gain the ability of x-ray vision and see right inside to what was happening. Of course, this didn't happen. So she st back and tilted her head up, staring at the ceiling. Her thoughts drifted to the technical father of the baby.

Ava was going to Michigan. She'd never been anywhere except here in Cali, and she'd never been on a plane, so flying, especially across the country, would be an interesting new experience. And, better yet, she was going to live with Eminem! No, Marshall. Yeah, Marshall. She'd always call him that because it irritated him. Ava liked irritating him.

No, she argued with herself. You like irritating men. You always have. With your dad, with Matt, with everyone. You just like to piss them off so they hurt you because you can't live without pain.

"Shut up!" she found herself yelling out loud, and she winced at the utter booming affect of it around the empty room. She whimpered and curled into a ball, pulling her legs to her chest. Quieter, now, she said, "Shut up," and fell asleep.

**********

Ava woke up the next morning to bright light streaming through the windows to her face, because she'd forgotten to close the blinds in her exhaustion. She sat up, rubbed the crud out of her eyes, and then looked at the stove to see the time. It was eight. That was about perfect. She was actually glad the sun woke her.

She stood and went to her room. She packed everything she figured she'd need and, actually, everything she owned. There was little. She only filled a large suitcase, which she couldn't remember getting.

After packing all her clothes, she then realized she still had to dress, and she lifted the first outfit she saw off the top of her suitcase. It was grey sweat pants and a fairly ugly Steelers long sleeve. Ava threw on a jean vest over it and it didn't look all that bad. Then she grabbed her phone and called Tia.

"How we doin', girl?" Tia answered.

"Hey, T. Uh, just letting you know, I'm going out of town for a year."

"Oh? Where ya heading?"

"Just going on a little trip. I'll be gone for a year, but when I come back I'd still like to live in the apartment. But, uh, I won't be alone."

"Ooh, going to live with a boy for a while? Nice!"

"Nah, T. I'm- I'm pregnant." 

"Shit, girl! You're prego? Who's the baby-daddy?"

"This guy. His name's Michael." Close enough. Marshall, Michael. Eh. Couldn't have Tia connecting the dots.

"Ooh, Michael and Ava. I like it. Sexy. Where's he live? How'd ya meet?"

"He lives far away. I'm going to meet him. But we're coming back. And we met at a club while he was visiting." Ava was getting good at lying off the top of her head. 

"Hot, girl! Good luck with that! I get to be the maid of honor when ya tie the knot, aight?"

It wasn't a question. More like a gentle demand.