Chapter 12 (Dedicated to Eminemandme39)

This chapter is dedicated to Eminemandme39, who is a really creative writer. She has tons of great Eminem-themed stories, all of which are individual, interesting ideas. Of course, I highly recommend her. :D The theme of this chapter comes from her story, where the main characters often go to a corner pub (or something- I didn't exactly understand the concept because I haven't had the time to read the story yet). She came up with this idea. c: Read this and then be sure to go check her out!

I was listening to Ain't Nuttin But Music, so this chapter kind of has a playful feel to it, until the end. :) That is a brilliant song, by the way. Check it out, BEOTCH! Okay, bye.

At about five o'clock that evening, with Nate sleeping on the couch, Marshall told Ava to get dressed nicely.

"Why?" she questioned.

"We're gonna go eat."

"Why do I gotta dress nicely? We're just gonna go to Taco Bell or something, right?"

"Nah, we're gonna go someplace nice."

"For what reason?"

"To make it up for you. Look, I won't wear sweats. That's my dressing nice. So you can just throw on somethin' kinda nice, and we're cool."

Ava nodded. "Okay, fine."

She stood and sauntered off to her room.

Marshall quickly dressed in a tux, but without the jacket and tie. He had a thing for suits lately, but he didn't want to look too dressy. He waited for her in the living room, slumped in his casual sitting position. When Ava walked downstairs, his jaw literally dropped.

She was dressed in a sexy cheetah print dress, with a slit down the side, opening and showing her tan leg as she walked. The top was low cut, revealing her surprisingly large boobs. Somehow, despite how revealing the dress was, it was beautiful and elegant at the same time. The dress had skinny straps and revealed her tan but slightly freckled arms. 

"Damn. You look hot." Marshall said before he could stop himself.

Ava blushed and glanced down.

"I didn't know pregnant ladies could look that fucking hot. Shit."

Ava crossed her arms loosely. "Thanks, Marsh. You look pretty snazzy yourself, surprisingly."

"Ha, snazzy. Haven't heard that since the eighties on TV, when I was a teenager."

"You're old. I was born in the eighties."

Marshall grinned. "Yeah, what year were you born?"

Ava drew a blank. She had no idea. Then she managed to do the math somehow. "Eighty-seven."

Marshall obviously didn't try to figure it out. "I was born in seventy-two. When the world wasn't as fucked up."

Ava shifted, unsure what to say.

"Oh, yeah, date. Let's go," Marshall said.

Ava smiled as he politely took her arm and walked with him towards the door.

**************

Quite a while later, they sat in a nice corner pub in a shady- no pun intended- corner, Ava swirling her finger around the top of an untouched wine glass and Marshall slurping pasta.

"So. Who knew, right?" Ava said, watching him as he ate hungrily.

"Huh?" he said, looking up from his meal.

"You. With everything. For one, looking at your size and stuff, you don't seem one to eat much. Yet, this is- what?- your third helping?"

"The drugs make me hungry. 'Cause they eat the lining of my stomach, or some shit like that. Least, that's what my doctor said. Don't matter. I'm rich; I can buy and eat as much as I want."