Chapter 8 (Trouble at Shady Manor)

So. Here's the next chappie. Alright, so I'll out of town from the 12th to the 20th, maybe longer, so I'll put out something right before I go and then update with two new chapters afterward. c: So yeah. Anyway, thanks y'all so much! And I know! OMG triplets! Haha, let's see what happens. Pic on the side is Em and Kim around the time this story takes place c: Sorry it's a bit short but I've been sneaking on to write, 'cause I'm grounded. c: Also I now officially have braces. So :-/

"I can't believe this fucking shit!" Marshall growled, slamming his door angrily as he got in the car. "I'm not only gonna have a kid with a fifteen-year-old, I'm gonna have three kids with a fifteen-year-old!"

"Marsh, it's not that bad," Ava said slowly, still in shock herself. "It's not like you're gonna have to support us or anything."

"Don't make me feel guilty," he hissed, pulling out of the parking lot. "I feel shitty enough about fucking you in the first place, and getting you pregnant, and now I find out we're having three!"

Ava was silent for a long moment as Marshall angrily muttered beneath his breath. Then she said, "You said 'we'."

"Yeah. So?"

"You never said 'we' before."

"So what? What's your point?"

"You think there's a 'we'. You believe there could be an 'us'."

"Shut up!" he yelled, and she flinched. "Shut up, shut up, shut up! Why do you always gotta manipulate me? I'm not stupid! You can't keep fucking thinking you can trick me and get away with it! It doesn't work like that, Ava! Kim did the same thing! And I'm sure as hell not going through this again!"

Ava had never seen him so emotional. He was shaking with fury. He sounded just like he did on the song Kim.

"Marsh, calm down," Ava said in an attempt to be soothing. She failed miserably; she was shaking, and it was heard in her voice. "It's okay."

"No," he said, a single tear falling down his face. His lip trembled, and he looked painfully vulnerable and child-like. "It isn't. I'm alone."

"What about Hailie and Laney and Nate?" Ava set a soft hand on his arm. "And me?"

"I'm not talking about that. You need love in your life, know what I mean? Not, like, your daughter's loving you- even though that's always good too- but human contact. Sex, I guess, and love and shit. You know?"

His voice was whiny and pleading and Ava felt horrible. "I get it."

Marshall stopped at a stop light and looked at her. "Have you ever had your heart broken? Or even been in love?"

Ava shifted, pulling a Marshall. "Twice. I fell hard, and hit the ground. Neither of them were there to catch me."

Marshall coughed, as if surprised she'd answered his question, and began to drive again as the light turned green. "Too personal, or ya wanna get some shit off your chest?"

"I got no problem with sharing. I'm not hiding anything. The first one was this guy Jared. We were best friends since I was two. He was five years older than me, but that didn't matter. So anyway, we were friends up until I was twelve, and he was seventeen. I loved him, even though I was young, but he didn't love me back. I told him one day, when he was about to move far away, and he just sat there. Then he moved to Boston, and I told him to write and call a lot, but he never did. Finally I got a letter that said he'd gotten married to the, as he put it, 'girl of his dreams'. That crushed me. I was scared to love again."

Ava took a deep breath, knowing she was going to far, but not caring. "So about five months later, Matt came along. Tall, strong, handsome- every girl loved him. I was thirteen when I first met him, and he was a year older, about to go into high school. Our eyes met, it it was just kinda... boom. So then, I went to high school last year, and he was there, and we started dating. So then, we, uh, fucked around a little. That part wasn't exactly a lie."