Chapter 6

MayLynn’s P.O.V.

  Nobody understands me, at all. Nobody knows how it is for me to not have a father or even a mother that wants to stick around me. I turned from Gage’s house it was dark... very dark. The worst thing is, is that I’m 17 years old and I’m still scared of the dark. I turned to see what the loud muffling noise was behind me, it was a car. It started to slow down once it got to me which made my heart race because I don't know who it is.. Oh. Its just Tuesday, she rolled her window down and literally just stared at me.

   “Hey can I get a ride home or to your place? Please?”

    “Uhhh.. Nah I think you're perfectly capable of walking home.. It won't kill ya.” she said and smiled. I could just slap her smile off her face right now

  “Really Tuesday?! Way to be a total bitch!” I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

   “Bye, have a good night!” then she drove off. What a bitch like really! what Best friend stops when her best friend is walking home in the dark! Everything I have done for her and she leaves me walking home instead of taking me to my house or even her house like I asked and she knows I’m already having a rough night! Everything just started to come up to the surface.... Every good or bad memory... I felt hot tears spill down my cheek. I’ve been crying a lot lately which I would say that, thats not so good.

   “MayLynn! Wait!” I turned to see Jake running towards me. I rolled my eyes and stopped walking just so I could get done talking to him. The quicker the better.

   “What Jake?” I said annoyed.

   “What could you possibly want now?!” he reached out to put his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off before you could really even say he had his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him so annoyed.

   “What do you want Jake, I mean you already cheated TWICE! You already lied and you just made me a laughing stock in that party! what the hell do you want!”

   “MayLynn I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong in every way possible; and I can't do anything to change what I did.. but I can tell you that I didn't lie when I told you I loved you. Ever since this morning I could not stop thinking about you.. I know I messed up big time but..” He shook his head lightly but still kept his gaze on me.

   “You know Jake.. I.. I..” I couldn't even figure out what I wanted to say to him. I started shaking my head not knowing what else to say to him, I just wanted to disappear right on the spot.. I would be able to escape everything right now! Then all that happened next was I felt Jake’s lips against mine. Surprisingly I was kissing him back, I closed my eyes just letting everything go.. I felt his one hand go around my waist then his other hand touch my cheek, caressing it softly. My knees went weak and he was basically just holding me in his arms. He pulled back softly leaving me still closing my eyes, finally I opened my eyes to see that I was kissing Jake.. and not Aaron.. Agh! why am I constantly thinking of him! I mean he is amazingly good looking, his Black hair the way it laid over his eye.. His amazing eyes were just stuck in my head.. Snap Out of it!

   “MayLynn I love you..” Jake said while still holding me in his arms. I pulled away and started walking again, leaving him like I left him this morning.. Just standing there.

   “MayLynn!!!!” he yelled as he ran in front of me  blocking me from walking on.

    “Don't shut me out!” I kept ignoring him.I tried to push past him but he wouldn't move for me.

     “MayLynn!! STOP!” he put his hands on my shoulders.My eyes started watering.

   “Jake just please leave me alone. Please? That’s all I ask of you right now… Just leave me alone.” I pulled away and started walking away as though I was in a lifeless body… I felt lifeless for sure… I was just thinking my life over and everything that has gone wrong or anything that has went right... Has anything gone right in my life? My father had never even seen me once in his whole life... Do I ever want to see him? Is he a drug addict like my mother, an alcoholic or what? I don’t know… My mother has spent let’s see maybe 5 minutes with me from Wednesday through Saturday... and the rest of the days I haven’t seen her. I’m basically my own Lone wolf you could say I guess.  My brother, Danny has hated me from what I believe day 1 but he never showed that he hated me until recent. The last time I had seen him he tried to kill me… I remember when he was 10 months old and he said my name and walked to me…

   Flashback

    “MayLynn! I need you to feed your brother for me please!” my mom hollered from upstairs.

  " Okay mom!” I went into the kitchen to get him some baby cereal, I mixed up some and went into the living room where Danny was playing on the floor with some of his toys.

  “Danny are you howngie?” I said smiling, he giggled. I walked over to him and picked him up and took him into the kitchen and put him in highchair and out a bib on him. I started to feed him and mom ran down the stairs.

   “Where you goin?”

  “Oh I forgot I have to go to work!” she said as she ran out the door.

 “Oh... well b-!”

 SLAM!

 She slammed the door before I could even tell her bye.

   “Well Danny it’s just us I guess.’ I said as I pulled him out of the highchair and wiped his face and we went into the living room and I set him on the ground and started to play with him. We were having fun he was giggling up a storm.

  “M-M-Mynn…”

 Oh my gosh! He just tried to say my name!! That makes me soooo happy!!! He hasn’t even tried to say mom. All I could do was drop my mouth. Then I had picked him up and hugged him. I got up and sat down on the couch and sat him on my lap. He started squirming and fussing to get down so I sat him down on the ground in front of the couch. I just started to watch him be a happy baby. Then he pulled himself up on the couch and then let go and started walking!!! Oh my god he is getting too big already! My baby Danny getting to be a big boy already!

End Of Flashback

  That was a good time… We were happy then… My mom wasn’t a druggie or a alcoholic then. Then he tried to kill me…  Thinking about it was hard… It broke my heart that the little kid that loved to be up my butt wanted me dead.

  Flashback.

I was outside in the pool just swimming by myself relaxing. Then Danny walked out and you could tell he was pissed right the fuck off!

   “MayLynn I hate you!!” He yelled

 “What did I do this time?” I said.

    “You ruined my life!!”

       “Yeah I ruined your life.. If I know you it would be you who ruins your own life not anyone else!” I said and rolled my eyes.

  “Your such a bitch! God you know not everything is about you! Dad left because of you! I never got to meet him! He left because you were born!”

  “Whatever Danny.” he walked over to me and without noticing he had me under water.. he was trying to drowned me...  I tried to get free, I squirmed and I did everything I could... I thought my life was going to end right there...

End Of Flashback

I had fresh tears rolling down my cheek... I hurt to know that my brother wanted to kill me... I was walking up the driveway, and all the lights were on in the house. I could've swore I had shut all the lights off!  I walked inside and went into the kitchen to get something to eat, I was staring at the ground the whole time so Ilooked up and was puzzled at what I seen.

    “Mom?!”