Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Cheers!" Gianluca said as he made a toss. "Thank you, everyone, for a good job." I sipped quietly from my champagne, and seated beside him. I had done it. It had been difficult, much more difficult than anything I had ever done before. My heart was still racing, and it didn't give signals of slowing down. Not when Gianluca's leg kept brushing accidentally against mine. Not when I kept recalling the way he looked at me during the filming. The way he urged me to keep going. He's been supportive and gentle and I-

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I wasn't. I was feeling light-headed, and it wasn't because of the glass of champagne I had just drunk.

"Yes, sure, I'm just not used to this."

He smiled. "You will, as this will not be our last collaboration."

I gazed up at him. What a stupid mistake. When our eyes met, I felt myself drowning in the depths of the bluish hue of his eyes and suddenly I recognized him, the man of my dreams. He had the same eyes, the same face. How could I have dreamed of him when I had never even seen him before?

"You did so well. Would you consider being my model again in the future? Hopefully, Mr. MC Gregory will be pleased as much as I am."

"Mr. Tremonti-"

"Gianluca."

"OK, Gianluca, I appreciate but."

"Don't give me an answer just yet. Think about it. What about if we leave now?" He asked. "I promised you lunch or maybe better say dinner." He said with a smile. "It's almost six."

"What? Oh my God, you had appointments!"

"Don't worry, I have canceled those. I wasn't sure how long the filming would take. You did better than I thought. Get changed into your clothes and then we'll leave."

"OK," I replied as I got on my feet and walked away.

Gianluca's POV

I felt relieved; it was as if I had taken an enormous burden off my shoulders. The editing was being done; the posters were being printed. Everything was fine, and tomorrow Mc Gregory's Cosmetic will be out for sale. I have been lucky. Right now I could have been facing serious problems if it wasn't for Justine.

"Do you mind if I ask her out?" I turned my head towards my cousin who had been suspiciously quiet during all the filming. I wondered what bothered him.

"Who?" I asked.

"As if you don't know. Justine, of course."

"I do, actually," I replied as I took another sip of my champagne.

"God! I knew it. You like her, don't you?" He asked angrily.

I was stunned. I never saw him like this.

"Hey calm down. I never said that I liked her. It bothers me because she's working for me, for our company, and you're one of my managers. There is no way that I can accept a relationship. It's not ethical and very unprofessional and if things turn out badly for you, it could influence a lot of things."

"Like what?"

"Oh come on Gabriele, you have understood. Leave Justine alone. She's not for you, you have barely spoken to her five minutes."

"In fact, that was the whole idea of asking her out, to get to know her better. To see if my first impression is right."

"And what's your first impression?"

"That she's a wonderful girl and that she would make a great lover."

I sighed.

"I give up. There is no cure for you. You know how many times I heard you say this. Who was the last one? Oh right, Marcelle Levon. The youngest of the minister's daughters. I can still hear her father's angry voice yelling at me to keep you away from his daughter or else he'll kill you."