Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The party was being held in a large Villa, on the outskirts of the town. I gazed at the beautiful garden that surrounded the villa. Tall palm trees dominated everywhere and rose bushes lay lazily along the path which led to the inside. Gianluca had parked in the parking just in front of the villa. He came out of the car and with swift movements, he came round to open my door. He offered me his hand to help me out. I took it and the moment I touched it, I felt a burning sensation crawling along with my hand. As I straightened, he surveyed my appearance, and then, without saying a word, he grabbed the first button of my coat.

"What... what are you doing?" I asked with a trembling voice.

"Taking off this unnecessary garment. You're not coming in it."

"What?" I shouted alarmingly. "Gianluca-"

But he ignored my complaints completely and opened it with deft movements so quickly that I only realised I wasn't wearing it anymore when an icy chill slithered up my back. He threw it carelessly on the seat and closed the door before I could even say a word. Then he looked at me, taking in every inch of my being. I shivered with cold as I kept staring at him in silence. He seemed satisfied.

"Perfect." He murmured. A tremor shivered through my nerve ends as he looked at me with hunger in his eyes. "Exactly your size. I must congratulate myself. Maybe it's a little too long, but unfortunately, there has been no time for alterations."

"I'll never go inside looking like this- "I cried. "Give me back my coat."

"Where we are going, no one will have a coat. And probably you'll be the only one wearing this much clothing. Even if it is made of thin material, it covers enough.. But as you said, you can't go inside like that."

"I'm glad that you agree."

"Sure." Saying that, he pulled a small box from his jacket.

"What's that?"

He opened it and pulled out a necklace, a pair of earrings, and a ring.

"Gianluca."

"Even if the dress is beautiful, you need some jewellery. These are simple but precious, like the person who will wear them."

I was too stunned to talk. He grabbed the necklace and put it around my neck. I quivered as I felt his fingers brushing against my neck as he attempted to close the necklace.

"Put these on." He instructed as he gave me the earrings. I did and then waited for him to give me the ring.

"Let me." He said in a deep voice. He took my hand and slid the ring on my fourth finger. "You're very obedient when you want to." He murmured. "Now let's go in. Let me do the presentations. All I want you to do is hold my arm and never let go. You'll be in the centre of attraction and I'm sure the hungry wolves will be around you the moment we'll step in."

"Hungry wolves?" I repeated, surprised.

"Yeah. The men, the celebrities. I think I have omitted from telling you a detail. This is no dinner, this is a party, where only the crème de la crème will be present. Models, singers, actors, and actresses."

"What but-"

"You wouldn't have accepted to come if I had told you the truth and Mr. Mc Gregory would have been offended." He said in his defence.

So at least he hadn't lied about Mr. Mc Gregory. "This is not fair. You keep involving me into things which aren't for me."

He clicked his tongue. "Justine, you disappoint me. Even modelling wasn't for you and we never had so much success. Apparently, the clients were crazy about you, and you know why?"