Thirty Five

I was awoken by the feeling of light kisses being pressed along my shoulder, gentle as if he didn't want to disturb me too much but with enough pressure to wake me up all the same.

"I know you're awake," he chuckled, the vibrations from his laugher running up my back causing me to shiver.

"And who's fault would that be?" I raised an eyebrow as I turned around to face him, my nose millimetres away from his own.

"I have no idea what you're talking about baby," he shook his head, smirking, "Wasn't me, would I do that to my girl?"

"You would if you wanted something," I chuckled, sitting up causing the sheet to fall to my waist, "Question is what do you want?"

I heard him hum to himself as he thought it over, what did he want? I'd only been joking about with him but his expression already told me he wanted something from me.

"I want to take you out," he finally spoke, sitting up beside me, "Like out out, on a date,"

"On like, a date, date?" I turned my face to the side, so I could see all of him, he nodded blushing profusely, "Okay,"

"Okay?" His eyebrows rose with shock and I chuckled.

"Yeah," I crawled off the bed, making  my way towards the bathroom stealthily, before changing my mind and running back to him on the bed to kiss him quickly, "Don't make me regret it Hemmings,"

"Wouldn't dream of it baby," he smiled pulling me back down to cuddle with him, him being the big spoon for once.

"Babe?"

"Hmmm," he hummed, quite content with continuing this chilled day for the entire day if we must.

"We did it," I grinned, as he spun me round to face him, "We fulfilled our promises,"

Luke's face broke into a wide toothy smile as he came to the realisation I had, "We did didn't we? You showed me freedom and we then got it. We're free of that city and all those people who fucked us up," he smiled again, "We're free, it's you and me now,"

"And you showed me what it's like to be loved, something I've missed and craved for for as long as I can remember," I smiled, glancing up at Luke who's expression matched my own.

"I love you," he cooed, putting his nose against mine.

"I love you too,"