I

Twenty young boys and girls sit clustered around their instruction, who is talking to them in an intense voice. The children listen eagerly, hanging on every word. All but one. A small dark haired girl sits in the back of the group, eyes downcast. She is staring intently at her black boots with a furrowed brow.
"Now, you all want to win the Hunger Games one day, don't you?" the instructor asks the children. They nod and cheer enthusiastically, all except the dark haired girl, who remains silent. "Of course you do!" the instructor continues. "You want to be a victor, a brave, strong victor admired by all!" The instructor speaks with vigor, aware of how the words she speaks to these young children will stay with them for their entire lives. She is forming their beliefs and their thoughts. She is molding their minds, convincing them from a young age that they want to enter the Hunger Games.
She continues to speak to them, and the children listen to her excitedly; they all want to train to win the Hunger Games! Once again, the only exception is the dark-haired girl. She continues to stare at her boots silently. Her expression is one of displeasure, she obviously doesn't believe what the instructor is saying. Nobody notices her; they are too focused on visions of victory.
Finally, the instructor concludes her speech and the children leap to their feet, ready to begin their first day of training for the Hunger Games.