6: Run away

Nixie's POV

"I can't believe you guys didn't tell me." I slumped sown in my seat at dinner the next day. Bree looked ashamed, as did Chase. Adam couldn't even look at me. Leo, Tasha and Mr. D just looked guilty.

"We couldn't tell you Nixie. It would of put us all at risk." Bree said, trying to reason with me. "Yeah, what would the government think of bionic teenagers running around? They'd hunt us down and conduct experiments on us." Chase interfered. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Are you serious right now?!" I stood up from the table, startling everyone. "I can't believe you guys. You don't think that I was risking anything by telling you my secret? The mermaid council is going to flip if they found out. They would feed my head to a shark."

"You know, you didn't have to tell us." Adam stood up. "We didn't have to tell you anything." My eyes widened.

"I told you because I thought I could trust you." I stood up taller, my jean shorts straightening out in the process.

"Well, we learned that we can't trust anyone." Adam stood a little taller as well. "Let the council feed your head to the Sharks. I don't care." Adam said, shocking me.

"You know what, Nixie? I think it's better for you to go back to the pod." Adam turned around, not facing me. I was crying already.

"What? I can't go back there." I said, my voice breaking. Adam had this angry side that I didn't like. His voice was more coarse than usual.

"I don't care. Leave." He said again.

"I can't." I don't know what happened but Adam turned around and smacked me across the face, saying, "leave you nosy, two-faced little bitch!"

The whole house was quiet. I fell on the ground, the stinging sensation still on my face.

"Adam, why would you do that?" Bree yelled, rushing up to my side. "I think it's better if she leaves." Adam replied. "Fine." I stated, running out to the ocean.

"Nixie!" I looked back to see the family, minus Adam, running after me. I ran into the ocean and speed swam away.

Chases POV

"Nixie!" We all yelled. She stopped for a second but then resumed running until she hit the ocean.

I couldn't believe Adam. Why would he do that? I saw Leo head inside and I wanted to see what he thought.

Bree's POV

"Where would Nixie go if she ran away?" Mr. Davenport kept saying to himself.

Memory

I was walking with Nixie to the ice cream shop, when I asked her the question.

"What's Australia like?" Nixie paused and looked at me. "It's a truly great place. My friends, Lyla and Sirena are there with Rita and she takes care of them. There's this little cafe that Sirena's...crush owns. She sings there. Me and Lyla like to explore the area and chill at the cafe. If I were to run away from here, I would go right back there." She smiled a watery smile.

End memory

"I think she might know where she is." I said and ran down to the lab where Chase and Leo were.

So the hunt begins.