Brendan

I quickly switched my sopping clothes for sweats and a white tank-top. I slid my feet into fuzzy socks and sighed.

Better. Much better.

I pulled out the Ziploc back out of my bag and examined them. Good thing they were in the plastic bag or they would've been soaked, just like my homework. I grinned. No homework for me! I pulled out the ipods and counted. when I was done my eyes were bulging.

Fifty ipods.

Fifty ipods!

That's enough for every damn kid in this place. Well, the ones that can trade for them, anyway. I quickly hid them. No, not out of greed. I hid them because I didn't want Ms. Bitch to find them. I grabbed a candy bar and bit into it, moaning at the sweet taste of chocolate in my mouth.

I swear, it was like it was having sex with my tongue.

I heard a knock on my door. "It's open!" I yelled.

Brendan poked his head in. "Hey, how was school?"

Brendan was my age with sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and a tan. He was the one person that was nice to me when I first arrived here and we had been best friends ever since. He was always really sweet, and for the last year I had suspected he had a crush on me.

I shrugged. "Same old." I looked down. "I saw them."

I glanced up just to see his reaction. His jaw was clenched shut. He had been the one I had cried to about always being abandoned. ever since I told him what One Direction did to me, he had hated them. I mean, he always had, but now he had an amazing reason to.

"What did they say?" He said in a low voice.

I shrugged again. "Just that they were sorry and that they wanted to know how I'd been."

"What did you say?"

A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "I snapped at them and called them names."

"That's my girl!" He chuckled. "So, did you get the books?"

"No, but  got these." I pulled out the ipods and showed him.

His jaw dropped. "How'd you get all these?" He practically choked.

I rolled my eyes. "Louis Tomlinson."

He frowned. "He gave you these?"

I nodded.

Brendan must've decided to change the subject, because his eyes brightened. "I'll go round everybody up and tell them that you have ipods."

Thank god I had earphones, too.

Pretty soon my room was packed. Everybody wanted an ipod. I traded ipods for food, books, chores, one girl even gave me make-up. I doubted i'd ever use it, but hey, I could use some eyeliner, mascara, and foundation. That was the only make-up I ever wore. I even had some older kids visit. Wen the fuss had died down and everybody had left i stared at Brendan wide-eyed.

"i didn't know so many people liked ipods."

He chuckled. "Yeah, that reminds me. I still need to get one."

I nodded. "So, here you go." I handed him one and he looked at me confused.

"But I haven't paid yet?"

I shrugged. "You're my best friend. It's free."

"But I have to give you something!" He protested.

I waved him off. "Nah."

He shook his head. "At least let me give you this."

I was about to protest when he pecked me on the lips.

Then he left.

I grinned and touched my still-tingling lips.

That's when I realized.

I was starting to like Brendan.