Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

About 5 hours later, we wake up to an announcement made by the captain. "This is your captain speaking, please buckle your seatbelts as we are making a surprise emergency landing. This is occurring due to a navigation failure which caused us to fly in the opposite direction. Instead of flying towards the pacific onwards, we flew across the Atlantic and we are two hours from London. We may not make it there as we are oddly low on fuel. Brace for impact."

As soon as Mia and I heard the news, we freaked out. Tears poured from our eyes, and everyone was staring at us rather than bracing for impact. The hostess made an announcement a minute later. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have one free phone call available on the plane phone, first one to get here without running will get the call." Disregarding what she said, Mia jumped out of the seat and ran towards the phone.

She dialled Skip's number. "Uh, hello? I just woke up for fucks sake..." Skip said with a hint of anger. "Shush Skip!! It's me, Mia! The plane is taking a freaking emergency landing in London. We won't make it for another day or two." Mia explained. Mia heard a long beep and the call had been disconnected. She ran back to the seat.

She got back to the seats and told me everything that happened. "Well at least I'm gonna be in my homeland again!" I said with a smile. Mia rolled her eyes at me and sat back down. It seemed as if the whole 'brace for impact' thing didn't matter.