Chapter 1

Standing up on the roof staring into the distance. The sun slowly going to sleep, sun ways falling upon me. there the city skylines, appears so more beautiful as the city begins to light up. there i stood on the ledge just staring not moving slowly breathing.

So many thoughts running through my mind, my pulse slowly beating fast. goose bumps all over my body. Seeing so many flashbacks appearing right in front of my eyes.

I than slowly lean forward, as i closed my eyes. Feeling the strong wind blowing against me. feeling balanced

*Ring Ring*

My cell began going off, feeling it vibrate against my leg as i heard it ringing. i pulled it out of my pocket as i slowly opened my eyes. looked at the screen saw it was "Mama Julia" calling me. i pressed the answer button as i raised it to my ear.

"yea." i answered sighing softly

"crew, meeting up at the spot in 40." Mama Julia said

My eyes were closed, still leaning forward off the edge, the wind still blowing against me holding me back. She noticed something is wrong.

"Kai....Kai?" she called out.

"on my way." i answered

"wha..." i hung up on her before she could say anything else.

i raised my head up to the sky, stood up on my toes and jumped.

opened my eyes as i exhale deeply i put my cell back in my pocket, turned around and began making my way down to my car. got down to the street and got in my car and drove on out to Gun Hill. had soft music playing leaning to the side, my face expression just the same as ever "emotionless"

40 minutes later

I pulled up at the spot, parked and went inside the warehouse. Saw a lot of the members here tonight. I walked on over to the pillar that's by the platform. lean against it as i put my hands in my pockets crossing my legs. The crew gather around the platform as they saw Mama Julia walking in with three of her body guards. she looked around a bit had saw me, i lower my head breaking eye contact.

she stood up on the platform, stared at all of us and began speaking. she was giving us the street news of what's been going on with the cops and other gangs. Making sure we be full alert for this wannabe hustler creating a lot of noise.

After a long while the meeting was over, lot of us began to scattered away going about our business. i turned and begin walking away, than i stopped as i felt a hand grabbed a hold of my shoulder.

"Kai."

it was Mama Julia, i turned my head to the side barely looking at her.

"office." she cont, i sigh softly.

i turned and began walking to her office, she walking behind me. she told her guards to give her a moment alone. we walked inside, she closed the door and look at me. i turned saw the look she has on her face.

"i'm fine, ma." I lied.

"i know you're lying." she said, i walked to the couch and plopped down on it

"how, so." i asked.

"you forget who raised you for the last fourteen years, i know how you can be." she answered as she sat down next to me on the couch. i sigh deeply as i had my head turned a bit.

"i know something is wrong." she said. i still wasn't looking at her. she grabbed a hold of my chin and had me look at her. she stared into my eyes.

"you need to find love again." she said

"why i got you." i said

"haha, i'm talking about real love...as sexy as you are you should have a good young lady at your arms." she smirk holding my hand. i sigh deeply.

"i know you've been hurt, but it's supposed to make you stronger not shut down from love."

i nod my head.

"i don't want you doing this forever." she cont, i turned my head she had me look back at her.

""i'm serious...I promised my best friend your mother that I'll take care of my goddaughter...raise you...she's still wants to kick my ass for even allowing you to join the crew." she said she sigh softly

"you still young, got a whole life ahead of you, i want you to really live...your artwork, the photography you can take classes...i just want you to find someone to really love i want you to live your life." she cont.

"i hear you, ma." i said nodding my head.

she rubbed my cheek as she stared into my eyes, can tell i was telling the truth.

"seen her lately?" she asked, i shook my head no.

"she's still your mother." she said

"i know, I'll see her." i said she knew i was lying.

"i'm taking you with me the next time, rather you're kicking and screaming i'm taking you." she said

i twisted my lips as i rolled my eyes and got up off the couch. i began walking to the door.

"ay." she said, i stopped and looked at her, she got up and walked on over to me..

"think about what i said." Mama Julia said.

i nod my head, she gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. i left on out of the warehouse.

drove around the city for a long time thinking about what ma said.

Just might take some art classes.