Prologue

"Miss Garcia you're being charged with three homicides, I know you didn't kill those people! All you have to do is tell us about Mr. Johnson and we will let you go" the detective gave me a hard look as she slammed her hands down on the table.
She doesn't know how hard this is, I feel tears threaten to come out my eyes. King isn't a bad person, I know his heart. Detective Kennedy lays pictures in front of me with a sigh.
" Leilani," she starts pushing the pictures closer to me I glance at them as vomit and more tears rise at all the corpses in the pictures. " I've known you for years I'm at your dad's church services every Sunday. You're a good girl, I don't know how you got dragged into this. You're looking at life behind bars! Please don't be stupid. " I softly whimper at her. She's known me my whole life. She's a devoted member of my dad's church.
"Mrs. Kennedy I've always appreciated your support trust me. I hate that we are in this situation, I know nothing about those people or how they died." I said with a broken voice. She stares at me for a moment, I could feel her eyes soften a bit.
" Mi amore, think about you're parents your little sisters that look up to you for guidance," she lays down more picture with more bruised up dead bodies I cringe. " Please Leilani" she says sitting down across from me. "You can trust me" she says grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze. I look down at the pictures and in that moment I take in everything. The families that lost their family member for nothing . I look back at her wiping the tears that fell with a look of certainty.
"It was never suppose to be like this." I start pausing for a minute. I never wanted to betray the person I love more then this world but at some point the lies have to end. I'm torn between saving King and being the one to deliver him to hell in a basket. " It all started..."