Fresh Feelings

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes and searched around the room.

"King?" I called not seeing him in the room with me, slowly getting out of the bed I stretched feeling the bones and my body crack. Looking towards the door I followed the noise until I landed in the living room.

All eyes turned towards me as I gave the men in the room an awkward wave. Searching around the room I rested my eyes on Kings tall form. He strolled over to me placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey love, did you sleep well? I hope these niggas ain't wake you up with all their noise." He said quietly giving the men behind him a hard glare. I chuckled at him before taking in the once clean living room. Pizza boxes littered the table with empty cans of beer.

"Yeah I slept fine. Who are they?" I whisper back to him.

"These are my boys," he stated turning back and pointing at each one telling me their name until he landed on Kye. He smiles warmly at me getting up to embrace me. I stiffened in his arms before relaxing slightly.

"How have you been?" I frown a little at his question he gives me a knowing look before continuing "I invited Esme over for you, she misses you." He says before taking his spot back on the couch, Kings arms wrap around my waist pulling me towards the kitchen.

"Are you feeling better Ma?" He questions leaning against his granite counter top. I shrug at him. "I know you're not going to feel better overnight or nothing like that but I'm here to help you feel better. I can't replace the void you must have but if you let me I would love to fill other places in your heart." He says placing a soft kiss on my cheek. How could he be this wonderful loving guy? This is not what I pictured him to be. He's caring and gentle with me. I smile brightly up at him snuggling into his embrace.

"Why are you so sweet to me?" I whisper to him as his chest rumbled with his laughter.

"Because you deserve it," he lightly taps my butt before smirking at my shocked expression "Go get ready to go out with your girlfriend. You can take my truck." He says finally tossing me his keys before leaving my standing in the kitchen. Smiling to myself as I make my way back to his room to hunt through all my bags from my parents until I spotted my favorite summer dress. Throwing it on I slipped on some sandals as Esme bounded in the room.

"Oh babe" she whispered with a frown on her face before wrapping me in her arms. "I'm so sorry honey." She whispered in my ear as she hugged me tighter. Squeezing her tightly before pulling away I gave her a soft smile.

"What do you want to go do?" She questioned looking around the room. "This house is amazing! You lucky girl!" She practically screamed taking in everything.

Giggling at my over the top friend I turned her shoulders so she faced me again, "Let's go to the diner by your house" I suggested as I heard her stomach rumble. "I would die for some pancakes from there." She quickly agreed dragging me towards the front door as all the guys waved towards us. King came over to plant a kiss on my forehead and whispered have a good time in my ear before he ushered me out the door. Pulling his keys out I unlocked his truck doors before taking in how big it was compared to my little car.

"You have his car keys!?" Esme questioned me as she positioned herself in the passenger seat. "You're kind of winning right now. You just came in and swiped the hottest bachelor." I smiled at her putting the truck in driver and making my way towards the diner.

"I like him," I said softly "he's honestly sweet, caring, funny, and so patient with me. But I'm still scared. We just met and he's making me feel all these confusing emotions. Am I really ready for all this?" I questioned her. She sighed before turning towards me.

"Babe, all you can know if you're ready or not. By the way he looks at you I can see the way his eyes changes and his demeanor when your around. Just like you, even if you don't want to admit it you glow now. I think it's worth the risk go for it." Leave it to Esme to always drag me into my feelings.

"I don't want to get hurt." She grabbed my hand and held it tight in hers.

"What's worse girl, never knowing if he could be the one or taking the risk and finding out for yourself. Getting hurt is just life, I'm not saying he's going to hurt you but everyone gets hurt. Everyone goes through hell you just have to pick the person you want to go through hell with." I smiled at her as we pulled up to the diner. Esme knows a lot for our age because she grew up faster then me. Her parents never cared about her, she basically raised herself. She's the strongest person I know.

"I love you Es" I said with thoughts of King rolling through my brain like a storm.

"I love you too chica" she said with a fake Spanish accent pulling me through the diner doors. Pulling my phone out I decide to shot King a text.

Thank you so much for being understanding and so patient with me. I'm ready to give this a try.