Giving Him A Chance

Pulling my car into the driveway of Kings place I frown as I see him waiting for me. "Wassup Ma" he greets me helping me out of my car, pulling me towards his door. I plant my feet stopping him as he stares down at me.
"You're date was cute" I say with jealousy leaking into my face he stares at me for a second before his face contorts with laughter.
"Why are you laughing at me?" I say harshly yanking my hand out his grip. How dare he laugh at me, what was funny about this situation. "You're funny," he answers the question I didn't realize I said out loud. "You," he starts as he points at me "said you didn't want anything to do with me. You remember that? I gave you my number you never used it. Shit I texted you and you never answered. But once you see someone else with me you all of a sudden decide I did something wrong? Miss me with the bullshit Leilani." He says walking ahead of me anger radiating off of his body. Slowly I grasp his arm as a tingly feeling wants my stomach.
"I'm scared" I whisper causing him to turn around. "I'm scared of you. I'm scared of the thought of you. But mostly in scared of the way you snuck into my brain and caused me to fear the thought of opening up to the wrong person and losing myself. Don't you get that. This whole thing is wrong." He softly thumbs the stray tear that fell off my check before engulfing me in his arms.
"I think you're scared to actually get to know me and like me, I'm not a bad dude." He says kissing the top of my head and pulling me into his house. A gasp leaves my lips as I look around. "Would you like to look around?" He questions amusement lacing his voice I jump at the offer my heels clicking on his light grey wood floor.
"This as you can see is the living room" he states as the decor sucks me in the whole wall of his living room is a large glass window walking over to it I look down over New York "the view is beautiful" I say staring at him with a small smile. Turning back around I take in his living room from his dark black leather couches and to his tv implanted into the wood of the wall. He pulls me to the couch cutting the tour off.
"Tell me about yourself Ma there's a reason you said you had to see me." He says facing me on the couch. "What do you want to know my life isn't that exciting" he smirks at me "I don't care I want to know everything Ma not much bores me." I look away from him out into the dark night. "Well you already know my name, I'm twenty one I went to school for criminal justice. I work with the police." His expression darkens for a second as he nudges for me to continue "I was born in Santa Marta, Colombia I moved here five years ago so my dad could open up his church and get more exposure should I say-" he cuts me off "What is Colombia like?" He questions seeing the smile I held on my face. "It's really beautiful, it's so different from here. Don't get me wrong when I tell people where I come from they always bring up the kidnapping and drugs and all the negative stuff that happens there no one understands growing up there instills this happiness inside of you. Walking down the street and seeing everyone just happy and the salsa and reggaeton playing on the streets. The beach there is truly breathtaking especially when the sun is setting. I miss it so much." I whisper the end as nostalgia sets in, "Anyway my dad is Colombian and my mom is Puerto Rican she's a stay at home mom, I have three younger sisters they're triplets and my favorite people ever." I grin just thinking about my girls.
After a few moments of silence King starts to tell me about himself, "I know you've heard the things people say about me but you know nothing about me. I'm twenty six but it feels like I'm fifty sometimes. I have a younger sister I had an older brother name Xavier, he died when I was twelve" he pauses for a second my eyes search his as I ask him what happened. "Xavier was into the wrong crowd he felt as though since our dad was never in the picture he had to be the man of the house and you can't do that working no dead in job. Where I'm from you either sell crack, shot hoops, or you gotta rap to make it out. He choose to sell crack. He use to bring home a lot of money to our mom and always made sure we we're good. One night he had came to take me out to get stuff for school and this new video game I had to have. On our way to the store some dudes pulled up on our car and emptied a whole clip into his body and just drove leaving me with my brother bleeding in my arms."
My eyes water from his story I reach for him trying to comfort the little boy who watched his brother get killed, he pushed me away softly. "I'm ok Ma don't cry for me." He says brushing more tears off my cheek.
I frown at him, "I'm sorry you had to go through that and lose your brother" he sighs before leaning his head on my shoulder, "don't feel sorry for me Ma. Anyway let me finish. My mom was never the same after that, don't get me wrong she's the strongest woman I know. She raised me and my brother by her damn self and taught us how to be men better then any man could of taught us. I grew up in Harlem, I graduated high school and didn't have the brains to get a scholarship and definitely didn't have the money to come out of pocket for school but I wanted to go so I turned towards the street life too. I built an empire off this shit, it's not something to be proud of but shit I'm proud of myself. Not only do I have an empire and a bunch of niggas working under me but I have businesses." He states with half a smile on his face I let his words sink in.
An empire. He has a drug empire and is proud of it. "Have you ever killed anyone?" I question as he looks out the window. "You don't get to where I got to being nice and following the law Leilani." He says softly before pulling me into him. I settle into his arms letting his warmth take over my body, "This is so wrong," I whisper quietly "I shouldn't like you." He laughs at me before kissing my hair, "I told you let me show you who I am and then I'll leave the rest to you. At no point am I forcing myself on you." He says as I let my eyes drift close and his scent bathe over my body.