Chapter 11

PRESENTATION

We are all gathered inside the conference room at the moment. Nasa dulo ng mahabang table si Brennon at ako namay nasa gilid niya. The Chairman and some of the members of the board are here too. 

I opened my laptop which I'd use for taking notes as Lorraine and Matthew busied themselves preparing for the presentation with their team. Two of their members are distributing folders to each of us. 

After a while, we all heard Lorraine clearing her throat, getting everyone's attention. 

"Good morning, everyone," she said, smiling confidently in front. "Shall we start?"

Sumenyas si Brennon at nag dim na ang lights ng conference room.

Nagsimula na silang magpresenta ng plano para sa construction ng shopping mall sa Milan. The Montreal owns chains of large shopping malls not just in the Philippines but also all over Asia. And now they are taking it to the west.

Brennon is attentively listening to whatever they are saying in front. His eyes are fixated on the screen but at times he would take a glance mostly on Lorraine. 

Tss... can't get enough, huh? Hulog na hulog?

Ang itatayong mall sa Italy ay magkakaroon ng limang palapag. It would be two times bigger than the malls that they have built. It will include an arena. It's design is slightly anchored on the types of architecture in Milan but modernity is also incorporated on it. There are also subtle touches of Filipino design.

Binisita na din pala ni Lorraine ang site bago siya lumipad patungong Pilipinas. And I also found out na nagkaroon narin ng ground breaking a month before I started working here. 

After her, Matthew took over. 

They continued to present their plan –from the exterior and interior designs to the materials to be used, initial budget, and all that stuffs. I can see that they have really prepared for this. It's their first project outside of Asia.

"Impressive," Brennon said right after their presentation. Bumukas na ulit ang ilaw. 

"So, what can you say? Any comments or questions on our Milan project plan?" Brennon continued. He glanced at the other board of directors.

"No. Everything's perfect for me," a man whom I guess in his late fifties answered. The other board members nodded in agreement. 

"Congratulations, Engineer Ramirez and Architect Schmitz. And to your team also. We are all looking forward for the success of this project," the Chairman added.

"Thank you so much, Tito. We are also doing our best," Lorraine answered.

Agad na napakunot ang noo ko. Tito? So she really is close not just with Brennon but also to his parents, huh?

Nagsitayuan na ang lahat. Nakipag-kamay sina Matt and Lorraine sa mga panauhin. Naririnig ko rin ang iilang papuri sa kanila. Panay ang pakikipagkamay nila sa mga board members. 

I saved my notes and turned off my laptop. Iniligpit ko na ito at tumayo narin. 

"Congrats, Lorrie. You're really good at this. I knew you'd be perfect for the project," the brute commented as soon as she found her way to us. Nasa likod niya sa Matthew. 

I almost rolled my eyes. Puring-puri 'e halata namang may favoritism. Sure ako na kung hindi 'yan si Lorraine, hindi ganito kung makapuri ang gunggong na 'to. 

"Thank you, Bren," she replied with a sweet smile. 

"Come on, Brennon! I worked with her. Bakit sa kanya ka lang nag congratulate?" pagsabat ni Matthew. Ngumiwi pa ito na wari mo'y batang nagtatampo kasi hindi nabigyang atensiyon ng magulang.