Chapter 39

ONLY

The wind blew harshly against my face while I clutched on to the railings of the 4x4 off-road vehicle as it kicked up the sands on its wheels. Brennon was beside me, his left hand was holding the railing while the other is firmly on my waist, holding me closely, like my own personal strap, as if I'd get thrown off the vehicle anytime.

"Wuhooo!" I screamed my lungs when the vehicle climbed up the hill only to accelerate as it goes down. I didn't mind the searing heat of the sun, nor the pebbles carried by the wind. I just kept on screaming as I enjoy the thrill.

The vehicle stopped on a high spot so we can enjoy the view of the ocean for a while. Then we headed back to the area for sandboarding.

"That was one hell of a crazy ride!" I exclaimed as Brennon helped me get off the jeep. He held onto my waist as I jumped and landed on the sand.

Yung guide namin doon, hinahanda na yung board at nilalagyan na ito ng wax para may friction.

Mauuna ako. And I opted to just sit on the board kasi hindi naman ako magaling mag balance. Baka matumba pa ako.

The guide reminded me to hold tightly before he gave me a little push. I screamed again when the board started sliding downwards.

Dahil naka romper ako ay may mga buhangin na pumasok sa shorts ko. Tumayo ako at pinagpagan ang sarili. I also stomped my feet so I could remove some sand on my shoes. Then I transferred my attention to Brennon who's about to do the sandboarding.

He maneuvered the board, and surfed the sand smoothly. By the looks of it, you know that he's really a pro.

Umirap ako nang makarating siya sa baba.

"Yabang!" I shouted which earned a smirk from him.

He went off the board and picked it up.

"Can't help it. I'm excellent at anything," pagyayabang niya kaya lalo akong napairap.

Tapos sabay na kaming umakyat. Hindi na kami umulit dahil medyo harsh na yung init ng araw.

We headed to Kapurpurawan after. It's a natural white rock formation which was sculpted by the sand and the sea. It was beautiful. Aakalahin mong nasa ibang planeta ka na. It's a perfect spot to take IG-worthy photos.

The next day, we visited famous cathedrals. The buildings of the churches here are of baroque architectures. These are historical places. May mga 1700s pa naitayo at hanggang ngayon nandito parin at well-preserved.

I smiled as I browsed our pictures on my phone. May iba din kaming mga litrato sa cellphone niya. These photos will serve as our memory, a reminder that once upon a time, we were here... together... careless and happy.

This will serve as a memento of our little escape.

I placed the phone on the bedside table and went to the terrace. I rested my elbows on the railings and stared at the sky filled with stars. The moon is showing off its beauty as well.

Then I felt someone hugged me from behind. Naiwan kong nakabukas ang sliding door kaya hindi ko napansin ang pagsunod niya. I immediately smelled his natural scent mixed with his aftershave.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm enjoying the night sky," I replied.

I removed my elbows on the railings and put my hands on top of his. He hugged me tighter and kissed my head.

"Bren..."

"Hmm..."

"What does your fiancé look like?" I suddenly asked.