Chapter 28

EXHIBIT

It's a good thing that Brennon was able to go to the office the next day. I was really worried. I thought he'll be sick again. But then I saw him this morning and he looks more than fine. Which I am very thankful of.

Mabilis rin na lumipas ang mga araw. Subalit ang inakala kong pagkakaroon ng improvement sa aming dalawa ay hindi nangyari. I thought I melted the ice when I took care of him but I was wrong. Ang tigas niya talaga. I'm not referring to his body na literal na matigas talaga... what I mean is his heart. Pero matigas talaga yung muscles niya eh.

But I can feel that something has changed. I just can't pinpoint it for now. O nag a-assume na naman ba ako?

But I am not giving up. No. I already saw a glimpse of light inside this dark tunnel. I just have to keep going until I can take a grasp of it.

"Can you read me my schedule for this week?" he asked while he was signing the papers I handed to him just a minute ago. I took out my iPad to look at his schedule.

"You have three meetings to attend this week, sir. Later with the directors. Another for the advertisement and that is scheduled tomorrow morning. On Wednesday is a meeting with an investor. You are also scheduled to visit two of our malls around Metro Manila, sir. It's up to you kung kalian mo gustong gawin."

"Okay," He said as he closed the folder he was signing before handing it back to me.

"Oh, and by Friday, you're invited to Cebu for a conference but you still didn't give a confirmation. Tumawag ang organizer earlier asking if you would come or not," I added.

"Yes, I'm going," he replied.

"I'll call them back, sir."

He only nodded his head as a response. I took that as a cue to leave his office.

He'll be staying in Cebu for three days. Sa Sunday pa siya babalik ng Manila. Hindi naman ako kasama doon dahil hindi naman niya kakailanganin ng secretary.

And besides, as much as I want to go with him, I can't because the exhibit is on Sunday. I made a promise to Matthew. I can't just ditch him.

But if Brennon's gonna tell me to go with him, then, why not?

"Ms. Mendez, naayos mo na ba yung inutos ko sa'yo?" he asked while we were heading out from the restaurant where we had the meeting with the investor from Japan.

"Yes, sir. I already put it on your table earlier," I replied. I was talking about his plane ticket for tomorrow.

Nang makalabas kami ay agad na pinagbuksan ng driver si Brennon ng pinto sa backseat. Ako naman doon sa shotgun seat naupo. It took us half an hour before we reach back to the office. Agad rin namang umalis si Brennon pagkatapos nun. Maybe he'll prepare some things for tomorrow.

It was Saturday night when I received a call from Matthew telling me that he just arrived in Manila. He reminded me about the event for tomorrow and told me he'd pick me up 6 o'clock in the in the evening.

I went to a spa Sunday morning. And after having my lunch, I went back home to prepare.

Wearing my silk robe, I sat in front of the mirror. I put on some make up. I chose dab shimmery brown and chocolate eye shadow to highlight my eyes. I put an, eyeliner, mascara and a red matte-lipstick to finish it.

I was curling the tip of my hair when our house help knocked on my door.

"Ma'am Cindy, nasa baba na po si Sir Matthew," she said.

"Okay. Tell him I'm almost done. Bababa narin ako."

Tumango siya at isinara ang pinto.

Kinuha ko ang dress ko na nakalatag sa aking kama at isinuot iyon.