Chapter 43

DINNER

I squealed when Brennon suddenly pulled me back to the bed after I tried getting up. I instantly landed on his naked chest.

After making love in the living room, we ended up in his bed for another. We just couldn't get enough of each other. Maybe this is the price of awakening that burning passion and desire within us.

"Ano ba!" angas ko bago siya kunwaring naiinis na tiningnan.

But instead of letting me go, he hugged me.

"Let's cuddle more," he whispered.

I pushed his chest so I could get up, but the more I try, the more he tightens his hold.

"Brennon, malapit ng mag alas dose! We have to celebrate your birthday!"

He told me earlier that we're gonna kill time. And this is his idea of killing time. Pero dapat tapos na kaming magpatayan ng oras ngayon kasi malapit na yung hinihintay namin.

"Tss... we're celebrating right now."

I rolled my eyes and wiggled my body to distract him. Pero dahil doon ay idinantay niya sa akin ang binti niya at lalo lamang akong nakulong.

"Kukunin ko lang yung cake!"

"Later," he insisted.

My goodness!

"Anong later? It's almost 12! And we agreed to welcome your birthday!"

I'm starting to panic because in less than 10 minutes, the clock would already strike twelve. 'E sa gusto ko talagang salubungin yung birthday niya! Tska yun ang napagkasunduan namin!

"What's with birthdays, anyway? It's nothing special."

"Well, it is for me!"

Nang ayaw parin niya akong pakawalan ay kinurot ko na talaga siya sa tagiliran. Bahagya siyang napa-'aray' dahil doon. His hold slightly loosened and I took that opportunity to get away from him and get up.

"Baby, come on..." he tenderly said, trying to reach my arm again.

Sinipat ko lang siya. I grabbed his polo that is scattered on the floor and wore it.

"You're so clingy," I said, buttoning the shirt, before I hurriedly went to the kitchen.

Kinuha ko agad ang cake na nasa fridge. Medyo natagalan pa ako sa paghahanap ng lighter na nasa pinakadulong bahagi ng cabinet pa itinago. I lit the candle before I went back to the bedroom.

"Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you..."

I sang as I was walking my way back his room. His attention went to me. He looked amused as he lazily put his arms at the back of his head, it served as his pillow.

"Happy 27th Birthday!" My voice sounded enthusiastic.

His eyes examined me, from my face down my body and back to my face again.

"Damn, you look hot," he stated, sounding out of breath.

Okay, that wasn't the response that I expected. I immediately blushed at his words. I cleared my throat and pursed my lips to hide my reaction.

"Seriously, get up," I commanded because he's still lazily lying on his bed and looking at me as if I am some show he's enjoying. I sat at the edge of the bed.

"Make a wish," sabi ko at inilahad sa kanya yung cake.

He sighed but obeyed anyway. He sat up and instantly blew the candle. I gasped because of that.