Chapter 8

(Jacque's POV)

" I'm sorry but your faces were hilarious!" I grabbed both my sides as I double over in laughter.

" That wasnt even remotely funny Jacque! We honestly thought something happened!" Quil whined while playfully pushing be.

" Pshh whatever you guys kept teasing, I thought it would be a good prank and it worked you guys were scared shitless!" I laughed once again.

" You're a pain in the ass Jacque you know that right?" Paul said as he light the bonfire. Finally some heat! It was starting to get cold I forgot how cold La Push gets at night. I take a sit next to Embry and across from Seth. Oddly enough Seth hasn't attempted to talk to me let alone look at me since the prank. My heart sank at the thought of him being mad at me but I quickly brush it off.

" So guys" Paul started " and girl" he said as his eyes land on me " Its seems to be that it is time for a little tradition we like to have where we gather around and listen to some scary fucking stories!"

All the boys cheered and howled while I sat unamused. Not that I want to be a party pooper or anything but I'm not a fan of scary stories, heck I'm not a fan of anything remotely scary! I hate spooky stuff with a passion! So of course I gave Paul the dirties look I can muster.

" What Jacque? Are you too scared for a simple story? Here I thought you were a complete badass, guess I was wrong." Paul smirked

" I-I'm not scared! I'm just not a fan of scary stuff." I muttered

" Come on Jacque it's not that bad." Quil tired to comfort me.

" Yeah if you want me and Quil can go back and get some flash lights so you'll be less scared." Embry offered then him and Quil left toward Sam's house.

As soon as they left Paul began to tell his story. I tired to stall him for as long as I could, hoping that they will return quickly with the flashlights because its super dark and the fire only aluminates a few feet around us. Half way into the story I begin to tremble. I kept hearing noises behind us in the trees and bushes and I'm so really to just call Jake to come and pick me up.

" Then slowly the man made his way into the forest. He was fine at first but then he began to hear the faint howling. He thought it was his friends but soon realize he was all alone. With only a minute till midnight he tried to fine his way back out. It didn't take him long to realize he was going in a huge circle. When his watch beep twelve he knew the stories were true because just as he turned around....BAM!! The wolf ate him whole!" Paul's scream made me jump up from the log.

" Geez are you done scaring Jacque?" Seth asked in a defensive tone. He's face was a mix of concern and anger but I wasn't sure.

" Chill Seth, I was just trying to get a little pay back."

" Asshole" I whispered. Suddenly two figures come running out of the wood works heading in full speed towards me. I automatically let out a terribly loud shriek before dashing behind Seth's body. Last time something came running towards me I got my ass almost killed, so yes for once in my life I'm going to act like a little girl and hide behind him. Seth's body tensed under my grasp as he took a defensive stance but soon relaxed.

Then I heard it.

It almost sounded like laughter.

I peaked from behind Seth to find Embry and Quil rolling around in the sand holding on to their stomachs for dear life. It quickly clicked in my head. This was all a prank! They didn't leave to go get flashlights, they probably hid in the bushes wait for the right moment to strike!

" You guys are a bunch of assholes!" I yelled but it was no use, they continued to laugh and I couldn't help myself to giggle a little too. I must admit it was an okay prank, in the end they did manage to scary me shitless.