Chapter 8

Blood. Dirt. Grass stains. All of it covers Brian's body.

"What happened?" I quickly pull him inside, far too worried about his injuries than him seeing my bare shoulders that aren't covered by the towel.

"Motorcycle. Tire blew and I jumped off the thing before I could crash into the tree like Tarzan." He coughed out as I guided him to the couch.

I swiftly unbuckled his helmet and checked his head. Good. No cracks or blood. What did I expect though? Obviously he has a thick skull. I don't have to know him long to know this.

"Give me a minute." I instruct him and rush upstairs, pulling on my hoodie that goes all the way down to my thighs and a pair of shorts; they were the first thing I saw that could cover me up and would be quick to put on.

Next I went into the bathroom and pulled out bandages, ointment, and a towel while running a bowl under lukewarm water. Just before heading down I make sure to grab cotton balls and hydrogen peroxide.

Brian is sitting in the exact same spot where I left him while his eyes follow me when I walk to him.

"How are you feeling?" I murmur quietly while rubbing some cream onto his elbow which has a bright red burn across the crook of it.

"Much better now that you're here." He says quietly and I meet his gaze.

"Well then you must have hit your head pretty hard."

Once all his arm injuries are taken care of, I gulp and look at his legs. A smirk spreads across his lips before he winces from his lip cut.

"It's okay. I'll be a good boy." He says and starts to undo his belt buckle.

"Wait!" I cry and stand up, grabbing the towel I was wearing before and chuck it at him, swiftly turning around.

"Oh c'mon sweetheart you don't have to be embarrassed. Who knows? You might be seeing less than just me in my boxers one day."

"Maybe we should take you to the hospital."

"Why?" His voice sounds wary.

"Because you must've really injured your head if you think I'd ever have sex with you."

"On the bright side, my lower zone is working perfectly." I could hear the smirk in his voice and unconsciously the corners of my mouth curved upwards.

"Shut up. Put the towel over yourself so I can fix you up."

"You can't fix me with just a bandaid you know. In order for me to be completely healed I would either need a cold shower or you in my bed while I-"

"Shut up!" I yell and cover my ears.

I can almost see his smirk as he chuckles under his breath.

"Okay, I'm all good."

Turning around, I see the towel covering his area while bruises and cuts surround his right knee. It's much more minor on his left.

"You fell on your right side." I observe and grab the hydrogen peroxide while soaking cotton balls in the mixture.

"Okay this is going to sting. Grab a pillow if you need to, this wound is pretty big."

Brian's nods and locks eyes with me while I put the cotton ball on the cut. His face contorts in pain and I gasp at the feeling tearing through my heart. I know, it seems stupid but it was almost as if I could just feel it from seeing him in such pain. A hiss sounds through his gritted teeth as he closes his eyes.