At the Stroke of Midnight

**Grayson's POV

I snuck out of the auditorium while everyone was clapping and cheering for the new Prom King and Queen and waiting for them to dance. I looked up to enjoy the starry night sky. The stars were twinkling off in the distance and I felt myself get lost staring at constellations to which I forgot the names of. The moon was full tonight. It seemed close tonight, close enough that if, just maybe, I reached out, I could hold it in my hands. I lost myself in the sky, I didn't even hear when someone cleared their throat.

"You know cold out here right?' I was still looking up at the stars when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me causing me to jump a little bit. "You really shouldn't be out here without a proper jacket." I turned around to face Brandon.

"And you should really be in there dancing with the Prom Queen." I smiled. He shook his head, which caused me to drop the smile. "Why not?"

"Because, she's not you." He said softly. He lowered his head down to give me a quick peck on my nose. I guess I really didn't notice how much taller I've grown until I put my head in between his neck and his shoulder. "Which reminds me, we need to get inside quickly." He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, we were going so fast I didn't realize we stopped until we were standing all alone surrounded by everyone else.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered to him. He put one hand of his hands on my hip, with the other he guided both of mine around his neck.

"Dancing with you." He whispered back before placing his other hand on my other side.

"In front of everyone here?" I felt my face grow hot from being watched.

"Well yeah. That's the whole point!" He laughed. Suddenly slow music had started playing and Brandon had started to move us across the dance floor gracefully. I stepped in time with him and soon enough I didn't even notice who all was watching. All I could see was him. His bright eyes were trained on me, with a perfect smile had spread across his face. We danced to the music as the clock tower in town had started to chime, signaling that it was midnight.

One, Two, Three, Four. We started moving slower until we were just rocking back and forth together. Five, Six, Seven, Eight. The room was silent except for the music playing in the background. Nine, Ten, Eleven. We had stopped rocking back and forth and we leaned in towards each other. Twelve. He pulled me in for a kiss that seemed to last an eternity, everyone went wild, whistling, clapping, cheering. My parent's were right when they dropped me off here. I did have good luck with me. I found a lot of friends, I met my first and only love. I wonder what else the rest of my year at Maxwell's would bring me. But that's for later, now, I'm kissing the man I love in front of the whole school. 

**Hey Howdy guys and gals! Thanks to everyone who has read this and hopefully enjoyed it. I'm so happy to write this and I'm sincerely sorry that it needed to end. Thanks to my friends who helped me to the very end. Please, if you like this story, I beg, please vote/comment(Let me know what you think), and please please please pleaaaaseee, share this story with friends! Thanks again everyone!

P.S. I will most likely be adding a cast list! and hopefully pictures???  They will probably be added to previous chapters so keep an eye out!