Four

Bianca

"Um, why are you doing that?"

"Doing what," asked Michael, his mouth full of chocolate.

"That. It's disgusting!"

"Brittany, just leave the poor boy alone."

Brittany looked me up and down then scoffed.

I shifted uncomfortably, self-conscious after what Brittany had done.

"Why should I? What he's doing is pretty gross. Right Luke?"

Everyone turned to Luke, who was about to take a bite of his pizza.

"Uh, well."

Brittany was looking at him expectantly, waiting for him to respond.

"You probably shouldn't do it, mate. It is pretty gross." Luke looked down at Brittany, who nodded at him.

"Oh please, Luke. Don't act like you've never stuffed a whole chocolate bar down your throat." Samantha rolled her eyes.

Everyone stayed quiet after that. And it wasn't a comfortable silence like the ones we usually had, it was an awkward, uncomfortable silence. Thankfully, the bell to dismiss us from lunch rung not long after.

"Hey Bianca! Wait up!"

"What's up, Calum?"

We started making our way to our next class, Calum's being across the hallway from mine.

"Oh, nothing. Just, um, have you noticed the awkwardness around us? Do you think it's because of Luke and Brittany being together?"

"Yeah, I have noticed it, and, to be honest, I do think it's because Brittany and Luke are together."

"Oh. Do you think that happens every time two people from the same friend group start dating?"

"Well, maybe? I don't think so, though. I think it's just Luke and Brittany. Mostly Brittany, since she acts like she now owns Luke." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, why do you ask? Are you looking to asking out someone from a friend group of yours?" I nudged his side with my elbow, wiggling my eyebrows.

He blushed, pushing me slightly. "Shut up, Bianca."

"Ha! That proves you do want to ask a friend out! The question is, which friend?"

"I would love to answer that, but I have a class to get to. Bye!" He made his way to his science class, leaving me alone and confused.

"Calum! Cal! Ugh, fine!" I stormed into my computer class, sitting on my seat with my arms crossed.

***

"Hey, you guys want to hang out or something? It feels like we haven't done anything together in forever!" Michael exclaimed.

"Mikey stop exaggerating." I rolled my eyes. "We just hung out yesterday," I let a giggle escape my lips.