CHAPTER 3: Defending him.

Harry Styles POV.

3 days later.

I thought about Rose the whole night. I am asking myself so much questions about her. .The ones coming a lot: 1) Why is she doing this? 2) What made her come and talk to me? 3) What's her real intentions about me? I was fighting with myself to find the answer that I obviously didn't have. I would like to get them, though. I was hoping I could trust her, talk to her about everything and anything without thinking about what she could use against me. What is a girl like her doing with me? I don't even deserve her attention. She did so much for me..

She talked to me.

She made me smile.

She gave me a reason to get up every morning.

She helped me.

She opened up to me.

She got me out of loneliness.

She made me talk.

She didn't ask for anything back.

And you have no idea about what she's gonna continue to do for you, Harry...

~~~~~

When I got in the dining with my bag and my tray, I saw that Rose was already sitting at our table. Evey day, it was like I was excepting her to leave me alone there, but she stayed. But since now 3 days, she was sitting in front of me and was trying to keep a conversation, talk to me. It became my favourite moment of the day. When she heard footsteps going towards her, she turned around to face me, and when she saw it's me, she smiled. I smiled back and I sat at my usual place.

"Hey." She said and smiled.
"Hello."

We started to eat then she asked:

"How was your morning?"
"Good. We have to write a text about love feelings in French, and I will screw it up." I said.
"Why are you saying that?"
"Cause I suck at relationships, it never happened before."
"You never fell in love?" She asked, deeply looking at me.
"No.. And you?" I said.
"Never."

She smiled, and I started to eat again.

"And how was your morning?" I said.
"Great." She said and smiled.

Suddenly, her face changed. I was about to ask her what was wrong, but I understood. It was Perrie Edwards, sat just behind Rose. She whispered something to Zayn that Rose didn't like.. And then I heard:

"Did you see Jacobson? I didn't think she was stupid to talk to Styles, -she laughed. She just should leave him, he doesn't deserve any attention."

Zayn looked at me and smirked. That's it, Rose will stop talking to me cause of the insults she's getting.

Rose then stood up, took her glass of water, and she spilled the water on Perrie. I didn't expect that at all, to be honest. Edwards turned around, mad and yelled:

"Who let you do this?!"
"I don't see what, what?" Rose said.
"He's worthless." Edwards said.

I stood up, before Rose could say anything.

"And you, who do you think you are? You're just a bitch who spends her life insulting and hating on people. Go and look at yourself in the mirror, then we can talk. See, him, at least, he never said anything to you, or didn't do anything to you, and you're here saying horrible things about him. You never thought it could hurt him? Have your parents ever taught you what respect is? I feel sorry for you. Making yourself happy by making other people feel bad." Rose said.

I was speechless.. I don't understand why she was defending me. I don't understand anything. And I wasn't the only one, cause everyone was watching in the dining hall. I walked towards Rose, I grabbed her wrist and I dragged her outside. When we were out, I let her go and we sat down.

"Why didn't you say anything?" She asked.
"At the start, I was doing it.. I just learnt with the time that it was just useless. I just have to act like it doesn't get to me."
"But it does get to you, doesn't it?" She said.
"You're right. Now, can I ask you a question?" I said.

Rose Jacobson POV.

I nodded as sign of yes.

"Why.. Why are you doing all of this?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" She said.
"Why did you come and started talking to me? Why do peoples' opinions about me bother you so much?"

Was he really asking me this? Yes, he was. And I didn't know what to say. Was there a particular reason?

"I.. There's not particular reason for your first question. And for the second I can't stand people insulting others without knowing them, especially when those people are my friends."

He stared at me and slightly opened his mouth as in surprise. Did I say something wrong?

"Wh..what?" He said.
"Did I..say something wrong?" I said.
"You said we are..friends."

That's what surprised him?

"Aren't we? I mean, we are, aren't we?" I said.
"Yes, yes, of course."

He smiled big at me, revealing his gorgeous dimples. I loved watching him, and get lost in his green eyes. I loved the way he was fixing his hair, and the way he was passing his fingers through his hair. I loved his smile and mostly...

I loved knowing I was the one making him smile.