Chapter 9: Feeling something for him.

Harry Styles' POV:

I have been upset ever since Rose lied to me yesterday. She lied to me. She wasn't honest with me. What was so important to her that she couldn't tell me? I was really wondering what I've done for her not to trust me enough to tell me. She said she "couldn't". Was she in trouble? Oh my god, I hope not! I then had an idea, I don't think it'd be a good thing but it was the only way to find out what's going on.
I started looking for Eleanor, maybe she knows.

I looked for her in the building A and I didn't find her there so I made my way to the cafeteria, I spotted her at the park. I walked over to her and sat down next to her  when she looked up at me.

"Oh, hey Harry, is there anything I can do for you?"
"Hi, um.. I was wondering.. I saw Rose in the halls yesterday. She didn't look good, and she didn't want to tell me what's wrong.. So I thought, maybe, you know something..?"
"Really? I'm sorry but no, she didn't tell me anything..."

I was surprised : it was really bad to the point that she didn't say it to Eleanor? What's going on? I'm really worried about her. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her.
Never...

Rose Jacobson's POV.

I really didn't wanna go to class today and that's why I decided to stay in my dorm. I was studying, hoping to get Harry out of my mind. I took my maths book and started reading the latest exercises. It was so complicated that I gave up so quickly. I also wonder how Harry did them exercises well...
Stop thinking about him !
So I took out my French book and thought about the essay on love feelings Harry had to write... did he start it?
Rose !

I then heard a knock on my door. I wonder who it was?
I stood up and walked to the door, I was surprised to see it was Eleanor, I let her in.

"Hi.", I smile.
"There's something you gotta explain to me.", she says.
"What's going on?", I ask her.
"Harry came up to me. He's worried about you, Rose! What's wrong with him?", she says.
"What? Everything's okay between us..."
"No.", she interrupts me, "I know you, I know it has something to do with him!"
"Okay, okay.. sits down.", I tell her.

She sat down, and I started telling her what was going on.

"I realized that... that I have feelings for him.", I say.

I never realized how everything got more serious when you talk about it to someone.. well, in my case, when someone forces you to.

"And.. I'm confused. I don't know if it's good or bad.. I'm scared to get hurt, or whatever it is. And I don't wanna go through that.", I tell her.
"Hey, that's great!", she smiles. "It's not a bad thing!"
"I'm not so sure... I told you about my mum passing away... my dad... he completely changed after that. And I don't want it to happen to me, you see?"
"Yes, I understand... But you can still try? If you don't take a chance, nothing happens. What are you planning to do, anyway? Wait for it to pass?", she says.
"Exactly.", I say.
"It will never pass, Rose."

•••

I spent the whole day thinking about Harry. And I found a solution : I'm gonna act like there's nothing, without doing anything. I decided that my feelings wouldn't change anything to our friendship. I gotta go and talk to him and apologize for lying to him. I obviously won't tell him the real reason, but I couldn't leave him so upset... and I wouldn't stand it if there was any tension between us.

I looked for him in the building A, but he wan't there. Obviously, by the time right now, no one was in classes anymore. Maybe in the building C? I couldn't go away for the break tomorrow without explaining myself. I made my way to the building C, and my way to Harry's dorm. I knocked, a few times but no one opened. I was about to walk back, when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Rose ?"

It was Harry.

"Oh..", I say, surprised.
"What are you doing here?", he asks, surprised that I'm here.
"I.. um... nothing."

I was about to walk back, but when I reached Harry, he pulled me back by grabbing my wrist.

"Wait, what did you want to tell me?", he asks, his voice now a lot softer.
"I.. I wanted to apologize. I wasn't really honest with you, and I really don't like lying to you, or us being mad at each other."

Harry Styles' POV.

I was surprised to see Rose at my dorm. I didn't expect to see her again anytime soon...

"What are you doing here?", I asked.
"I.. um... nothing.", she answered shyly, before walking away from my dorm and walking back.

She was leaving? I didn't want her to leave!

Tell her to stay, you fool, suggested my conscience.

For once, I listened to it. When my pretty blondie reached me, I pulled her back by grabbing her wrist.

"Wait, what did you want to tell me?", I asked her.
"I.. I wanted to apologize. I wasn't really honest with you, I really don't like lying to you, or us being mad at each other."

I was moved by her apology. I didn't know what to say.

"I.. you don't have to say anything, Rose, you don't have to apologize...", I tell her.
"I insist.", she smiles.
"Well, so... apology accepted."

She smiled, and then an idea came up to my mind.

"Do you remember when I told you that one day, we would find access to the roof of the building together?"
"Of course.", she smiles.
"How about now?"

She widened her eyes then smiled.

"Okay, let's go."

I smiled and took her hand in mine, leading her to a few locations I spotted that I think would get us to the roof.

The first location wasn't the one, but we had more luck on the second one : it was leading to the roof. Rose walked outside in front of me. I looked up at the sky, and I was amazed by the sight of it. So many stars up there, it was beautiful.
I laid my eyes on my pretty blondie, who was amazed by all of it, as well. I had two sights to be amazed at. On one side, the sky with the stars, on the other, the beautiful girl I really cared about. I couldn't describe how I was feeling at that moment, but I was happy.

"Harry?", she asked softly.
"Yes, Rose?"
"What is your biggest dream?", she asks.

I could never answer that question. I didn't really know what was my dearest dream.

"I don't know.", I mumble.

I thought about it for a little.

"My biggest dream is to realize all the insignificant little dreams that I have."

She looked at me and smiled shyly.

"And you, Rose? What is your biggest dream?", I ask her.
"I don't have any big or little dreams. All of my dreams are big and important for me. So I can't really answer to that."

We smiled at each other, then she did something that surprised me : she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek.
I hesitated wrapping my arms around her, but I really wanted that hug. No...

I needed her hug.