Chapter 19.

Zaid's P.O.V

We both stopped infront of Shagufta. She looked taken aback by our sudden approach.

She looked at me and than at Nisha. Her eyes lingered on my arms which was held by Nisha.

Shaan was busy with some other men present in the party.

"Hello Shagufta nice to see you again." Nisha said while warpping her hand around my waist.

"Hi nice to see you too." Shagufta replied with a small smile but her eyes were glossy.

"Lets go now Nisha I have to meet some people" I tried to take her away from them.

"Alright baby." She than turned back to Shagufta.

"By the way Shagufta as you know we both are getting married in 3 months so there will be a party in LA after 3 days because many of my friends stay here. You are invited. I hope you will come." Nisha said making everything more awkward.

"I will come." she said politely damn why this girl is so innocent.

"And yes bring your boy with you." With that she dragged me away from her. I turned back to see her. My blood boiled at the sight unfolding infront of me.

Shaan was hugging her from back while she was staring back at me. I balled my fist and looked away. I wanted to punch him so bad.

It was the time for dance. Everyone was dancing Nisha loves to dance hence, she dragged me to the dance floor with her.

But my eyes were fixed on Shagufta and Shaan they were also dancing. The heart wants what it want by selena gomez was playing.

You got me sippin on something
I cant compare to nothing
I've ever known, i am hoping
That after this fever I'll survive
I know i am acting a bit crazy
Strung out, a little bit hazy
Hand over heart, i am praying
That i am gonna make it out alive

The bed's getting cold and you are not here
The future that we hold is so unclear
But i am not alive until you call
And i'll bet the odds against it all
Save your advice cause i wont hear
You might be right i dont care
There's million reasons why i should give you up
But the heart wants what it wa_aa_aa_aa_nts...

The bed's getting cold and you are not hereThe future that we hold is so unclearBut i am not alive until you callAnd i'll bet the odds against it allSave your advice cause i wont hearYou might be right i dont careThere's million reasons why i shou...

I saw Shaan leaning towards Shagufta. I clenched my fist he was about to kiss her. I pulled away from Nisha ready to break his face. But Shagufta beat me to it. She pushed him away, her eyes were wide like she cant believe what just happened.

Shaan tried to hold her hand but she ran out. I was relieved, I don't know why.

Shagufta P.O.V

What just happened...??? Shaan was about to kiss me and what was going on in my mind.? What was I thinking.? When I let him to get that close to me.

I had not expected this from him. Last time when he did that I told him clearly that I am not ready and I had just hugged him because Zaid was watching.

I live in the same house with him he had never done something like this what happened to him all of a sudden.?

I ran out of the party he was hot on heels. "Shaggy please stop...pleaseee" he held my wrist and turned me around to face him.

I pulled my hand away from his grip. "Don't touch me." I hissed.

"I am sorry I never meant to do that its just happened. I am sorry Shaggy please forgive me." He literally begged with tears in his eyes. I let out a sigh.

"Its okay. But please from now onwards keep some distance with me otherwise I will leave this country. You are my friend so please behave like one." I cant stay mad on him after everything he had done for me.

he just nodded. "I want to go home" he opened his mouth to say something but closed it again and guided me to his car.

I sat into his car and we drove away.

"Assalamu alaikum auntie" I greeted his mom, when I saw her sitting on the dinning table lost in her own thoughts.

"Wallekum assalam beta. How was the party did you guys enjoyed..??" She asked me and gestured me to sit with her.

Shaan had already went into his room without saying a word to me. "It was nice but you know na I am not party type. I missed you." I said her honestly.

She smiled at me warmly and kissed my forehead. "You know, I had never seen Shaan this happy in my whole life. From the last one year he looked genuinly happy and I know the reason is you. I want you two to be together forever." I was shocked at her words.

"I am not forcing you. I know you had suffered alot but Shaan is different he respect women. Take your time. I am going to sleep now you too go and take some rest. Just consider about what I had just said" she smiled and walked away leaving me baffled.

next day..

I think I should give him a chance. He deserve atleast one chance.

I hadn't even slept last night. I was thinking about the things happened in these 1 year. Everything he did for me till now.

I will give him a chance. My phone started buzzing bringing me back to reality.

"Hello. Khan Shagufta here." It was an unknown number.

"Hi its Mr. Malik's P.A. Rose. Sir asked me to inform you that he wants to meet you and Mr. Shaan for the discussion of the project." She gave me the address of the hotel.

After that I went to Shaan's office and knocked at his door. "Shaan we have meeting with Malik's about Sheikh's project. We have to meet them today at 6 p.m." I filled him with address he just nodded which made me frown.

I went towards him and sat on the chair placed infront of him. He was looking at some designs I know he was avoiding me. He glanced up at me.

"What..???" He asked me with raised eyebrow.

"I had decided something yesterday.." I started but he cut me off

"About what.? If its about the incident in party so I will do anything...." he started blabbering.

"I will give you a chance.." I took a deep breath and told him.

"I am sorry please just dont leav... wait what did you just say...???" He came towards me with hope in his eyes. I stood up.

"I said I will give you a chance to prove yourself..."