Chaos

Nerd, you could call me that, or even a geek for that matter. Emo, bit of a stretch but I guess it could work. Jock or prep, you must be blind. The one thing for sure is Alfa. My name is Chaos Fletcher, daughter of Andrew Fletcher and future Alfa of the Crimson Stars pack. I'm seventeen and the only heir to the Alfa title, and with my father's condition getting worse every day it looks like I'm going to be the first female in my bloodline to take the title. I got lucky and shifted when I was fourteen instead of my eighteenth birthday, because if I hadn't the pack would have been overrun by rouges. We had a warrior betray us by killing my mother and while Father was stricken with grief they hit us hard. We lost fifty warriors (men and women) and two pups. My father, at the loss of his mate, couldn't walk let alone command his warriors in a battle. The Alfa gene in my blood forced my wolf to surface and help me take control of the battle. We won, but we are still suffering from loss. The children miss their Luna and other packs are worried about our strength, after all a pack is only as strong as its Alfa. People have started looking to me for guidance, and it's only a matter of time before my fathers beta and third make me true Alfa.

"Chaos....Chaos,hey Chaos. Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, Chaos, hey Chaos."

"What the hell do you want Legacy? I'm trying to work" I snap at my wolf.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you that James is back"

I shot out of my seat and bounded down the stairs, paperwork long forgotten. I hit the bottom of the steps at a dead sprint for the door. Cold December air stings my eyes as I track his sent to the training grounds.

"James you're back!" I yell at my beta from across the field, never slowing down.

"Chaos!" He whips his head in my direction and catches me as I slam into his body. "Hey baby girl." He kisses the top of my head.

"I missed you so much" I muttered into his chest.

Before you ask, James is not my mate. He is my beta and is Seventeen going on eighteen and he's like another brother to me. That's why he calls me baby girl.

"CHAOS GRACE FLETCHER!"

"James hide me, it's Ivory!"

He shoves me behind him, is tall muscular frame easily hiding me.

"Where is she? I can smell her!" My third barks at a random warrior.

"Why is she mad at you?" James asks through the mind link.

"I maybe, kinda painted her room bright pink and dyed all her clothes pink after y'all left..."

"She's going to kill you."

"I know"

I quickly shift and run into the forest as fast as I can. The next thing I know I'm pinned under her wolf.

//an hour of torture later\\

"So what did Silver Moon's Alfa say?"

"He wants you as Alfa, now." Ivory replies.

"That's all twenty three. They all want you as Alfa." James adds.

"Get Jordan and Trent in here." I tell Ivory.

About five minutes later my father's beta Jordan and his third Trent walk into the room.

After explaining everything to them and working everything out they decide that it's time. I'm taking the Alfa title.

Written on February 8th 2016

Published on February 16th 2016