Fights

"James!"

"Yea?"

"Kitchen. Now!"

"What's up?" He jogs in panting and sweaty.

"What the crap is this?" I point at the disaster that is my kitchen.

"Training. We needed protein," he shrugs.

"Then go to the cellar and get a deer. Don't ruin my kitchen."

"Sorry," he replies with no actual remorse. "Need anything else?"

"Rhydian's getting ready, I want you to help him start training. He may be naturally strong but he didn't get any training at his old pack."

"Okay, just send him out to the training grounds."

"Don't kill him."

"No promises," he winks and heads back out.

I start cleaning up the absolute catastrophe that is my kitchen. I don't understand how they did this, I left for like twenty minutes. I reach down to pick up a glass that fell and see something silver flash in the corner of my eye.

I walk over and pick up the ring. I wipe it off and look closer. A green gem is set on the top, when I look in the gem I see a wolf head.

"Nix," I mumble. It's his class ring. I look inside the wide band and see his name and the year he graduated. On one side it has the school crest and a football. The other side has a twenty on it, his number. I slide it on my middle finger and wipe away the tears sliding down my cheeks.

How did that get here? He had it on when he left.

"Hey ceann beag," Rhydian steps into the slightly cleaner room. "What's wrong?"

"This was Nix's."

He walks over and pulls me into a hug.

"ALFA!" someone screams just as I feel pain slam into my temple.

I bolt out the door and go straight to the training ground.

"He was sparing with me and I accidentally kicked his head. He just collapsed," a panicked teen girl rushes.

"Calm down, I'll take care of it. Everyone go back to training," I sit down on my knees and lay my hand on his cheek. "Okay James, last chance to get up on your own."

When he doesn't move I pull my hand back and bring it back down.

"What happened?" his eyes snap open and I'm trapped under him. For some odd reason Legacy that as a challenge and overtakes my will.

A growl that sends shivers down my spine makes its way out of my throat. "Get off," her voice comes out an octave lower than normal.

"Crap ,Legacy, sorry," he climbs off and helps me to my feet.

"What happened? You just ran out," Rhydian walks up behind me.

"Nothing, he's fine." Legacy gives me back control.

"Okay. Have you always been that fast?"

"Yea, she was the cross country captain. Even before she got her wolf."

"Before I got kicked out of school," I grab James' hand.

"Hey man what's that on your shoulder?"

"It's my mark," I squeeze his hand.

"When'd that happen?" he says through clenched teeth.

"Calm down, I planned on marking you as well. And to answer your question, it was earlier," I drop his hand and start towards the house. When I get about fifty feet ahead of them I start to jog to the opposite side of the house.

"Chaos!"

"Chaos!"

"Get out of my head!" I imagine a wall slamming down around my mind and don't slow down.

I nod my head at the warrior stationed at the door to the garage.

"Alfa," he puts a fist over his heart and bows his head in respect.

I walk into the massive room.

"Hey baby," I run my hand over the sleek black paint of my 1967 Impala. I open the driver side door and slide in. "Long time no see," the engine comes alive.

"Chaos!" James bursts into the garage.

I throw the car into reverse and slam the gas. "I'll see you later," I turn around and pull out.

"Damn it, Chaos!" he runs out of the building after me.

----------------------------------------------

"Kevin, it's good to see you," I walk over to the owner of the UFC gym I used to train at.

"Chaotic! How's the little spit fire been?" he pulls me into a hug.

"Good, I'm Alfa now so that's a plus."

Kevin's a warrior from a pack a few towns over but he runs his gym in my home town.

"Way to go, Spit Fire. Now, let's get to why you're here," he's always had some sixth scene as to why I would come to the gym. "Let me guess, James."

"Always was, always will be."

"Okay, I have a kid who's getting really cocky. Would you mind taking him down a notch?"

"Human?"

"Yea."

"Let me get ready," I walk into the back where the lockers are and get ready.

"Nice to meet you I'm Chaos," I reach out my left hand.

"Michael," he shakes my hand. "So Kevin who am I fighting?"

"Her," he points at me and I finish wrapping my hands.

Michael is about the same height as Rhydian. He's got long brown hair tied to the back of his neck, not good for fighting.

"You ready?" I walk over to my side of the octagon.

"Are you? Cause I don't want to hurt you."

"Same to you," Kevin rings the bell signalling us to start fighting.

Rhydian's POV

"What was that?"

"Look, do you want to go get her or not?"

"Yes, I do but I also want to know why you got mad."

"I don't know. Now get in."

James I currently sitting in the driver's side of a red and black 2010 camaro.

"Fine," I slide in and buckle up.

"First we're going to her brother's grave."

Written on March 1st 2016

Published on May 4th 2016