Happy birthday

"Do you Chaos Leigh Fletcher take all duties as Alfa with open arms?"

"I do," I let my father take my hand.

"Do you promise to lay down your life for the better of your pack?"

"I do," he grabs the knife off of the table.

"Do you promise that with every decision you make your pack will be in your mind?"

"I do," James comes from behind me with a large goblet in his hands.

My father leans down so that his mouth is level with my ear, "I love you Chaotic."

The cold metal of the blade coming in contact with my palm sends shivers down my spine.

"With blood comes power, family, love, and destruction. From ours comes power, what you will do with that power will define you and this pack." He drags the blade across my palm and let's the blood drip into the goblet. "From here on out you will be known as Alfa of the Crimson Stars pack."

I watch the blood from his hand mix with mine before grabbing the glorified cup. Downing the metallic tasting liquid I feel power pump through my veins. My howl rips it's way through the silence.

"Long live the Alfa! Long live the Alfa! Long live the Alfa!" My pack chants.

"Alfa," James walks up beside me with his arms out.

"Thank you," I remove my shirt so that I'm only wearing a sports bra and hand him the shirt.

Pain shoots it's way up my back, over my shoulders, and down my arms. It feels as if fire is under my skin.

"Holy shit, Chaos" my father turns me around to look at my new markings forming.

It takes an hour or more for the burning to stop, but when it does all of my pack erupt into cheers. It's all done, I'm now officially an Alfa. Shown not only by my power or my pack, but also by my markings.
The rest of the night is spent with fun, eating, and talking.

Weight. Bouncing. Something on my chest.

"Wake up sleepy head! You need to get up!"

"Why the hell would I need to get up?"

"Because it's James' birthday."

Ivory lands on the floor with a thump and a faint yelp of pain. I rush to my closet and get dressed.

"Is he up yet?"

"No."

"Good, get some of the females to make him breakfast. I have some paperwork to do but I'll be down in about fifteen minutes."

"Okay," she walks out of my room.

I follow but instead of going downstairs I take a right and go into my office. As if on cue the phone starts ringing.

"Hello?"

"Oh good you picked up, this is Alfa Jack Parker from the White Moon pack. I was wondering if you could drop by to help me with the interrogation of some rogues?" I hear the person say.

"Sure no problem just give me about an hour to get there."

"Okay thank you." I hang up the phone

Leaving my office I walk down to the kitchen to tell Ivory.

"Ivory I have to go help a pack with a rouge problem. Tell James I said happy birthday."