My tiny savior

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I continue to eat the pasta that Rhydian made.

"My mom taught me. She practically never left the kitchen so to spend time with her I became her student. I'm glad you like it," he goes back to stirring the sauce to the cake that's in the oven.

"Dude, you are officially making my every meal," James says with a mouth full of food.

"First of all, not if you keep talking with food in your mouth. Second I don't cook meat, I'm no good at it," he smacks Ivory's hand with a clean wooden spoon when she tries to dip her finger in the sauce.

"Well then you need to leave."

"Pardon?" I choke on the bite I just took.

"We eat meat. We're not vegetarians," he crosses his arms over is chest and leans back in his seat.

"I could cook it. I like to eat it. But I over season, under or over cook it, and it tastes horrible," he stops stirring and gets the cake out.

"It's fine, I could teach you."

"When'd you learn?" James actually swallows before he talks.

"A year before Mom died."

"Quit trying to get some of the chocolate!" Rhydian slaps her with the spoon harder.

"Never!" she lunges at the pot.

"Mmmmm nope," he grabs the pot and spins so that she completely misses it.

"Alfas?"

I turn to see one of the pups from my pack,"Hey sweetheart. What's up?" I bend down so that I'm eye level with the young girl.

"I have a friend and she isn't from here. She told me that her dad was a bad man. Can she come here to get away from the bad man?"

"Well, that depends. I would need to meet her."

"I'm going to see her today, you could come with me."

"Okay, I will. Just come back by here and get me when you're ready to go," I rub her head and mess up her hair.

"Okay, I will," she scurries off.

"Cute kid," Rhydian pours the sause over the cake and sits it in the fridge.

"Mine!" Ivory grabs the stir spoon and starts licking it.

"So Ivory found her mate," I get up and grab the spoon. "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Chaos Ivory's best friend," I hand her back the spoon laughing.

"You've always known that chocolate is my one and only."

"Keep saying that, maybe the love goddess will make it true," James laughs.

"We need to make them Alfa."

"Where'd that come from?"

"No clue," she shrugs.

"Hey, when do you want to have the ceremony?"

"What ceremony?" Rhydian finishes washing the sauce pan.

"The Alfa ceremony. It will make you and I officially Alfa, or Alfas," James drops his plate into the sink and walks over to me. "And to answer your question, I don't really care. As long as people know you're mine and Rhydian's having the title isn't a necessity," he kisses my head.

"Same here," Rhydian comes over and pulls me to my feet.

"Okay, well I'm gonna leave now," Ivory scurries out the door with bright red cheeks.

"I love you Chaos," James gently presses his lips to his mark sending shivers down my spine.

"We both do," Rhydian brushes his teeth over my other shoulder. "Always ceann beag."

If a human walked in I would definitely have trouble explaining this. A fourteen year old pressed up between a seventeen year old and a twenty year old... Not exactly a desirable situation.

James pulls me back into his chest, "Orion has had me antsy since the counsel meeting yesterday." He trails kisses from the bace of my ear to my elbow.

"Gods you're beautiful ceann beag," Rhydian pulls me away from James. "Lilas and Orion gave us an amazing idea."

"Let's go upstairs," James picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "We're gonna need some privacy for this."

The second my door opens I'm thrown onto the bed.

"You and that damed pair of jeans," James crawls over top of me.

His hand slips under my shirt and rests on my side. Rhydian stays at the door with his back turned as if he's standing watch.

"J-James stop," I move his hands and pull my shirt back down.

"Why? I know you want this," he puts his hands back.

"I said stop, I'm not ready for this," I try to get out from under him.

"You sure seemed like it when you flaunted that ass of yours in those jeans," he holds me down underneath him.

I look up to him with pleading eyes only to be met with the yellow eyes of Orion, "Legacy if you care about me at all, please stop this."

"I've been trying, it's like he has a wall around his mind. I'm so sorry, Chaos. I can't stop this."

Rhydian is now closer to the bed and the door to my room is closed. Upon closer inspection I see that Rhydian's eyes are yellow as well.

A soft nock comes from the door and startles James. I take my chance and shove him to the floor, a second later I'm opening my door to see the pup from earlier. My tiny savior.

"Hey sweetie. Are you ready?"

"Yea!"

"Let's go," I take her hand and she starts leading me to the door of the house. "She lives far away. Can you drive?"

"Yes I can, let's go get my car," I take her to the garage. "This was my mom's car, we can't ride in mine," I help her into my old car seat in the back.

"Why not?"

"It doesn't have a car seat in it, and this one is too hard to move."

"Okay," she finishes buckling herself in.

"You'll have to tell me how to get there," I go around and slide into the drivers seat of the white car.

"She said she's part of the Black Water pack."

I stop in my tracks. The Black Water pack is a few towns over and has more humans on the entire territory than wolves. If I drove I would end up in a jail cell.

"Hey, Ivory, would you mind taking me to the Black Water pack? I would drive but they have a lot of humans on the territory."

"Sure. Are you in the garage?"

"Yea," I crawl over to the passenger's side.

Written on April 7th 2016

Published on April 24th 2016