Nix

"We're here to get Rhydian's things. Then we leave, no sooner."

"Fine, but I want you gone as soon as possible. You humiliated me in front of my pack, I should kill you."

"But you won't because when you can't it'll be more humiliating for you and the pack will shun you. Then I'll take your pack. So you're going to let us do this in however much time we need. Am I clear?"

"Crystal."

"My house is this way," Rhydian urges us to continue driving.

We had literally just crossed the border in James' truck and Alfa Jack came running at us. He didn't like the fact that a fourteen year old girl had made him submit, well tough luck.

"That little blue one," Rhydian points out the windscreen.

James stops the truck and gets out.

"I need to warn both of you that I lived with some other omegas so if they're home don't worry," he helps me out of the truck and we walk to the door.

As soon as the door opens the strong sent of testosterone and a female's heat hit me like a train.

"Who's there?" A high pitched voice fills the room.

"It's Rhydian," he calls out.

Loud foot steps race towards us. I get shoved behind James as a girl that looks his age comes around a corner.

"Babe!" She leaps forward onto Rhydian and starts forcefully kissing him.

"Don't even think about it," James tells me.

"She's touching what's mine!" I shove on his back which is now pinning me to the door.

"Kate you need to stop. Like now!" He tries to push her off but her heat has given her extra strength.

"I'm going to kill her! Let me go!"

"No I won't risk her life!"

"So you care about her more than me."

"No, and you know I don't."

"Then let me go!" I manage to shove around him and launch myself at the girl.

Her head roughly slams into the floor.

"Chaos!" I get ripped off of her.

"You little bitch! Trying to take my man! He loves me and I love him!"

"You're not his mate!" I continue to yank and pull but James and Rhydian won't let go.

"He came back to me after some crazy Alfa dragged him away! I think he loves me more than he could ever love some stupid mate!" she laughs.

The boy's grip let up slightly, just enough to get loose.

"Crazy Alfa? You're about to see crazy Alfa! Fair warning, don't kiss someone else's mate," I grab her by her hair and slam her head into the wall. "And definitely not an Alfa's!"

She hits the floor with a thump.

"Who are you?" she croaks out.

"I'm Rhydian's mate, otherwise known as the crazy Alfa. Nice to meet you," I answer sarcastically. "Let's get your things and go. I don't know if I can hold Legacy back for too much longer."

"Got it. Let's grab your things," James drags Rhydian away.

"There's no way you're an Alfa. You're like what twelve?" her annoying high pitched voice pipes up.

"Yes way!" I shoot back imitating her.

"You're a little bitch!"

"You mean Alfa bitch. One that could rip your head off without her wolf."

Her hand comes flying at my face palm open. My face jerks to the side.

"Shit!" James yells from somewhere in the house."

I walk forward growling. A dark chuckle leaves my throat, I'm starting to scare myself. My fist connects with her nose, sending a loud crack throughout the room. She stumbles back holding her probably broken and bleeding nose. She takes me by surprise by launching herself at me. I hit the ground with a loud smack.

"I'll kill you! He's mine!"

"Keep thinking that," I plant my feet on her stomach and kick. She flys back and hits the wall. "I warned you, don't mess with an Alfa." Her head smacks the wall and she goes limp.

"Is she dead?" James calls from another room.

"I don't think so," I call back and check her pulse. "Nope, still here. Unfortunately," I whisper the last part.

I follow their sent to a relatively small room.

"Hey," I walk over and set up a box and start packing in pictures and books.

"Okay, what the hell was that? You're eyes weren't yellow so it was you," Rhydian questions.

"Look man don't ask, I learnt the hard way. Give her an hour or two to cool off, then you can ask. Right now all you'll get is single syllable words," James explains.

I hold up a large framed picture and raise my eyebrows in question.

"I'll carry it out."

I nod my head at that and continue with packing books.

"Where is she?" the crazy girl screams.

"That was fast."

"Didn't hit her that hard," I respond and walk back towards the entry way.

I walk up to her and throw my fist. She drops to the floor.

"Shouldn't wake up to quickly now," I mumble walking back in.

All of this started when my brother enlisted. I started training with him to get stronger faster, the downside was that I would take hours to cool off after a fight. It got ten times worse when he died. I got in a lot of fights with kids at the human school I went to, hence why I'm homeschooled now. If anyone would talk to me I would snap and lash out. Now the pack knows not to talk to me after a fight. Some pup was bullying someone and I got mad. He got put into the ICU at a human hospital. James and Ivory tried to figure out what happened and I threw them. Literally, I picked them up and threw them.

"Earth to Chaos," James waves his hand in front of my face. My eyes flicker over to him and he jumps away. "Don't kill me," he holds his hand up.

"You zoned out for like ten minutes, you wouldn't respond."

"Just thinking about Nix," I hang my head.

"Who's Nix?" Rhydian asks.

"My brother," tears pour from my eyes.

James wraps his arms around me. Rhydian didn't know. I forgot to tell my mate about the most important thing in my life.

"He's dead so don't worry about meeting him," I sob.

"Hey! Chaos, don't be like that," James chastises.

"Ceann beag, if he was your brother he must have been amazing. I'm certain that anyone close to you is amazing, just like you," he takes me out of James' arms. "I love you Chaos, I just met you and I already love you," he kisses my forehead and takes me out to the truck.

Irish
Little one- ceann beag

Written on February 16th 2016

Published on