Servilla: The first time I met you...

Servilla POV:

I was summoned in front of the demon king.

'Hmm, what does he want now?' I thought as I looked up at the king of demons but he just stared back at me with no emotion or a hint of what's going on.

I turned and saw that I wasn't alone, Crow, my chosen partner and good friend had just walked into the demon kings palace, presumably the king must have summoned him too.

I half-smiled at Crow as he walked towards us.

However, I quickly turned around and faced the king now in serious work mode.

He finally began to speak.

"Crow and Servilla as you may have already guessed, I have summoned you here for a very important task..."

He paused a bit probably trying to add suspense.

Dramatic bastard.

"...You have to bring the reincarnated goddess of fate and make her come here whether willing or not."

I just nod my head.

I understood.

It is my work.

Later..

"Servilla I see that human heading towards us right now. You attack from front I attack from behind."

I looked at the reincarnated goddess.

Her face screamed innocence and unawareness.

She did not know what was coming.

I took her by surprise as I jumped from behind the house and onto the pavement.

"Goddess of fate we have been ordered by the demon king to bring you with us." I said to inform her beforehand but I actually wanted to see her expression.

Her face immediately paled with fear.

I mean whose wouldn't.

She tried to escape by running away.

I felt sad seeing her and I don't know why.

Demons don't have feelings and I'm a demon.

Seeing her face almost made me want to stop.

Keyword: Almost.

She suddenly fainted to the ground from the fear and I knew this was our chance.

As we crept closer and closer a bright light flashed out of nowhere and I was nearly blinded for a second.

We knew where the light came from.

Gods.

It was our cue to flee.

A part of me was surprisingly glad they had intervened and stopped us.

It felt as if a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders and I felt... What was that word again?

Happy.

The foreign word had me completely baffled.

What was happening to me?