Chapter 9

A/N: Here it is!

***

I bustled around the small extra room, gathering bandages and salves, wooden pins and a large sling.

There was a stirring at the bed, and I whirled around, peering eagerly at his face, seeing if he would awaken, finally, after three days.

His eyes slowly drifted open.

- - -**- - -

My eyes slowly opened and came into focus. My bleary vision cleared-

-and I almost leaped out of my skin. Staring straight at me was a pair of unfamiliar silver eyes...wait, familiar eyes, the same eyes from the forest.

My heart started to pound faster. It was a girl of, maybe 17, with long black hair. My eyes caught a glint of light, and then I saw it resting on her head, a circlet of silver.

I opened my mouth to speak.

- - -***- - -

"Oh, Your Highness!" He said, trying to get up.

I was shocked, not only could he speak, but he knew who I was!

"Please," I said, caught in his dark green-blue, gold-flecked gaze, "you need to rest."

I put out my hand to gently push him back to the bed, but at that exact moment the blanket slid, and my hand touched his bandaged chest.

I could feel heat rush to my cheeks, and his own flushed a bright crimson.

He lay back down.

"So, you're Princess Ava, I presume?" He said, his eyes wandering around the room.

I giggled lightly.

"Yes, and who might you be?" I asked, a curious lilt to my voice.

"Amos Tanner, I would shake your hand, but as you can see, I'm not really able to," He said, bitterly.

"Oh," I said, about to leave, he obviously had some resentment to work through...

- - -**- - -

"Oh," she said softly, and I realized she thought I was being bitter about my wings.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, "I didn't mean to say it like that! I was just sorry that-I mean- you can still shake if you want to!" I stuttered, thrusting out my right wing.

- - -***- - -

I giggled softly, and lightly shook the tip of his wing. I looked out the small window, the sun was already in the middle of its passage.

"It's time to change your bandages," I said, slipping into my medical persona. I quickly grabbed the salve and in a couple of moments, I had re-dressed his burns and applied salve to the burn on his face.

"That should do it," I said, rubbing my hands together.

No reply.

I looked up to find-

-that he was asleep!
I chuckled lightly to myself, at least the sleep would give him time to heal...

To Be Continued. . .

A/N: Lol, Amos fell asleep!!! Sorry if the sudden POV changes confused anyone, I just wanted to see both of their immediate reactions to properly meet each other (since the encounter in the woods doesn't really count...even thought it's important). Well, that's all for now, Thanks for Reading! :)