Chapter 28

A/N: So, so, extremely sorry for not updating in, wow, goodness knows how long. So, here is the next chapter. Again, I am SO sorry.

***
I had my arms looped around Amos' neck, and I resisted the urge to put my legs around his waist in fear at his INSANE idea.

"This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy." I said, beginning to shake.

I felt Amos chuckle and looked up to see him smiling brightly.

"You really don't trust me? It's not even that much of a drop."

He must have seen how scared I truly was because he lowered his voice, dropping his head down next to my ear.

"I would never let anything happen to you, alright? You'll be fine."

To keep from melting at the sound of his voice and his breath in my ear, I nodded tensely, my eyes squeezed shut.

There was a rush of air, and the sensation of falling. I clung to Amos for dear life. I felt his shoulders move with his wings, and then we were on the ground, my feet sinking in to soft grass.

"Now, that wasn't so bad, huh?"

I detached myself from him and nodded, looking with wide eyes at the place we'd come to.

- - -**- - -

I watched Ava look around the small clearing that I knew so well.

"Recognize this place, son?" My father asked, a subtle smile on his features.

"Mm Hm," I mumbled, reliving the memories that the small meadow held. This was the place my father would take me to measure my wings. He had begun to bring Iago along after they had become too big for him to measure alone.

This was also the place where I had learned to fly. Granted, it mostly trial and error (the results varied from a sprained ankle all the way to a broken leg).

I smiled as I remembered Father trying to instruct me, using knowledge gained from my mother's books, which he often brought with him.

I was shaken out of my reverie when Ava said softly, "What, what is this place?"

I was about to reply, but my father beat me to it.

"We used to come here to measure Amos' wings, and then, when he was a bit older, he learned to fly here."

Her already large silver eyes widened, "Really?"

I noticed myself rubbing my wings together, and forcibly tightened them to my sides.

"Yeah, um, I sort of would throw myself off of that cliff, and I would," I began to laugh nervously, "try to stay in the air...I failed more often then not."

"So this is the place where you learned..."

"I remember coming down here every month or so, remember that, Dad?"

My father shook his head lightly, smiling. "I sure do, you used to love coming here. We would bring a bag of food and stay down here for hours, you would always get so excited when the fireflies would come out after sunset, and then you would get scared when we walked home at night."

I heard Ava stifle a giggle.

"Oh, just laugh already. And yes, I was scared, it was dark and I was little, and there where scary noises, lots of scary noises..."

Ava just laughed louder, clutching her sides. She finally got up, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye. I rolled my eyes in mock disgust, mumbling under my breath about how easily amused she was.

I was promptly whacked upside the head with a slipper.

To Be Continued...

A/N: I'm so sorry that this chapter is boring and horrifically written. I'm feeling better than I did when I first started writing this chapter, so hopefully that means that the next chapter will be better as well. So sorry to disappoint you with this. 'Till Next Time