Chapter 5

A/N: So sorry about the "- - - - -" I threw into the chapter prior to this. I forgot to mention that when I put those, it's just for a "visual break", because the paragraph before it is about a different subject in the same story. So anything after the little dashes is still in Amos' POV

**
"WOO," Nolan shouted as he jumped into the water, completely carefree.

"Amos, why don't you get in." He shouted, kicking his feet up.
"I'm not really a water person," I replied.
Oh No, I thought.

Seemingly TONS of water splashed onto me, soaking me to the bone.
" You are now!!" Nolan shouted, laughing his head off like a loon.

I just rolled my eyes and walked away, heading towards a clearing that Nolan and I had found during one of the summers before.

I sat down, shrugging my cloak off, squinting when the sun reflected harshly off white feathers. I leaned back, enjoying one of the scarce moments I was truly myself.

- - - - -

A crashing sound jolted me awake.
Blast, I must've drifted off!, I thought.

I quickly used my shoulders to loop the loosely-woven straps of my cloak, adrenaline powering my actions.

"Amos, Amos come look!" Nolan yelled, waving his arms around frantically.
"What, what? What happened?" I replied, getting up quickly and clamping my wings tightly against my sides.

"You've got to see this." He said over his shoulder, already heading off.

I followed the trail of broken branches he left in his wake.

I found Nolan looking around the lake, muttering, "Now where did I put them...."
"AH!" He exclaimed suddenly, proudly holding up three, long, somethings.
Three long, soft somethings.
Three white, black-tipped-

-feathers. I gulped.
"You see? They're HUGE! If we could bag whatever bird these came off of, we could live like kings!.....For a day at least."
"No," I said over my shoulder, already heading away.
"But, but, a bird that big..." He said wistfully, "Ah, oh well. I wonder what they came from..."

I didn't even bother to reply, even though I knew the answer.
After all, I saw those kind of feathers everyday.

To be Continued...