chess with Brahms

dear diary,
if I ever have a child. if I ever could have a child. I'd want it to be like Brahms. I love Brahms, that stupid little brat.

"Hey, you cheated!"

"Or maybe you just suck."

I stare at Brahms in disbelief, "Excuse you. Where did you learn that word?"

Brahms looks up at me with his soft green eyes, "From you."

That's when I shut up.

After a few more rounds I grab my king and flick him towards the ground. "It's no use! This is like a guy trying to get into a lesbians pants, just won't happen."

I slap a hand over my mouth, slightly giggling. "You heard nothing!"

Brahms slides a pinched thumb and index finger across his lips, holding back a grin. "What's that mean?"

I reach over to pick up my king, "What's what mean?"

"A guy trying to get into a lesbins pants."

"First of all, it's lesbians, not lesbins." I move my king a square," Second of all, you're too young."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

Clearly distracted, Brahms blindlessly moves his knight, leaving me a wide open win. I send his knight flailing towards the ground, placing my king where his knight once was. "Check. Mate."

Brahms crosses his arms, "Not fair! You distracted me."

I lean back on my headboard, hands folded neatly on my stomach. "Excuses, excuses. Just accept that you've lost."

He pouts, picking up his knight before handing it to me. "Can you tell me now?"

"I'm not going to explain what lesbian is to someone who can't even pronounce it."

Plucking the knight out of his hand, I examine it carefully. "Sometimes I'd like a knight. To come and rescue me, sweep me off my feet, take me to Dairy Queen, or McDonalds, either one is fine—"

"I'll be your knight."

Brahms flashes me a smile, puffing out his chest whilst clenching his fists.

I grab his small hand in mine, "But. I would ditch him."

His smile falters, "Why would you do that?"

"Because I've already used him for what I need. I don't need him any more, I have me, and me is perfectly fine."

"You have me!"

"Obviously. But I'd rather not use you. A little selfish don't you think?"

He nods.

                     October 9, 1994

✎✐✎✐✎✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎

I was going to make this chapter a lot longer but I decided to leave it how it is, short, and I'm really proud of it. One of my best chapters I believe. But you got 2 updates in a day, so your welcome. Also Brahms is going to be a big part of the story later on, and Joshua is going to return soon. You may hate him right now, but he has his reasons for being a dick. Until then, adios.