12

A/N: Okay, so in the beginning of the story, the bartender's name was Kyle but I changed it to Kenny as in Kenny Harris okay bye enjoy

"I don't want to even talk about it."

The door slammed closed behind Ryan and he shoved past a group of men to his usual seat in the corner. He scanned behind the bar looking for someone, finding no one, and hopping over the counter to fix himself a drink.

"Ry, come back!"

The tequila bottle was cold in his hand and he started to pour it into a cup.

"I need you!"

It spilled over the rim of the cup and into a pool onto the wooden counter.

"Whoa, Ryan, are you alright?" Ryan spun and looked at Kenny.

"Do I look alright?" he asked. He hopped back over the bar and sat down. Kenny placed a gentle hand on Ryan's before he could take a sip of his drink.

"Dude, you're so not."

"I fucking know, alright? Let me drink my sorrows away in peace." He shoved away Kenny's hand and chugged the clear liquid down, feeling the heat in his throat and stomach as it arrived.

"Ryan, you shouldn't do this to yourself-"

Before Kenny could finish, Ryan slammed his drink down onto the counter.

"Ken, drop it, please." Kenny put his hands up in surrender and started to clean the spilled tequila.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do or what not to do, but if you need to talk, fucking go for it."

"Just talk to me, Ryan, please!"

He swallowed and shook his head, clenching his teeth together.

"Alright, suit yourself." He slung the towel over his shoulder and started walking.

"I think Brendon's cheated on me." Kenny stopped in his tracks and spun on his heels.

"What?"

Ryan reached over the counter again to refill his glass.

"With who? What makes you think that?"Kenny asked impatiently.

"Bartender!" someone shouted.

"Hold on!" he hissed to them. "Tell me everything."

"This sounds so fucking crazy, you'll never believe me. God, I swear I'll kill him."

Kenny's eyes widened and he quickly hushed Ryan.

"Come with me."

"Where?"

"Just follow," he commanded. The two left the bar and sat down on a bench a few blocks away.

"Who do you think it is?"

Ryan rubbed his hands together and looked around.

"Agent Weekes." Kenny chuckled, causing Ryan to give him a glare that could kill. "What?"

"Brendon? Agent Weekes? That's funny."

"It's not! God, this is fucking tearing me apart, Ken!" He stood up and started walking away.

"Ryan, wait!" He ran up behind him and spun him around, looking around and leaning in closely. "Meet me at my apartment tomorrow, we need to talk in private." Ryan blinked and the other man was gone, leaving him on the empty streets.

-

The birds chirping didn't wake Ryan up. The sun shining through the blinds onto his face didn't wake him up. What did wake him up was the pounding on his door.