13. welcome back

The butterflies in my stomach were flitting their wings as fast as they possibly could with anxious energy. My nerves weren't helped as the humongous doors to the Great Hall were blown open with an unseen force revealing hundreds of eager students. I noticed that all eyes were on me as the Hall filled with conversations buzzing about the new school year. I was sat at the Slytherin table as instructed by Albus, anxious about how I would be introduced to the students and staff that I had not yet met.

I noticed that my fellow Slytherins had not made an attempt at introducing themselves to me, and instead tried to leave a wide range between themselves and I, whereas students from the Hufflepuff table looked at me frightened yet intrigued. The Ravenclaw students acted indifferent unlike the Gryffindor crowd who all looked very excited and ready to introduce themselves confidently.

As the last of the returning students found a seat at their designated tables, Albus' booming voice echoed around the room, "Welcome back everyone, I hope your break was pleasant and stress free. Now before we welcome in the first years and get them sorted, I would like to introduce you all to our newest Slytherin, Rose Kettle," at the mere mention of my name, many of the Slytherin scoffed whereas the Gryffindor table looked on in awe. "Her magic came later than normal, but it is strong nonetheless. I hope that you will all help me in making her feel welcome. Without further ado, lets welcome our first years...