Battle of New York Part II

7.

"Okay, what we have here is more of a scared kid than a crazy super villain, Eris, can you just mommy talk him before he destroys the city?" 

"Are you kidding me?" I shout to Clint, pushing an alien off the roof of the building "Do you ever take anything seriously when you're not under mind control?"

"Hey, I can take a mission not seriously and still ace it"

I roll my eyes, and dive off the building, dissolving into black smoke once again, and reappearing on the back of a Leviathan, and immediately slash my blade against a Chitauri.

"Stark I need you to get this one's attention-" But Hulk comes flying from inside a glass building, and clings onto the tooth of the Leviathan, pulling it in the opposite direction "Never mind"

"I've got the other one"

I dive off the creature, and appear beside Cap. I draw out my sword, and begin to fight beside him. The aliens swarm around us, but together, we defeat most of them with ease. The final six aren't as easy. Together, the aliens blow up the taxi beside us, the blow forcing us to go flying in the opposite direction. I smash my head into the front car window. It cracks loudly, not completely shattering.

My vision blurs slightly, as I reach for my sword. Cap's already up and fighting again, but I can't reach for my weapon, or see a damn thing clearly. I stand up straight, and am immediately blown forward again by one of the Chitauri's weapons. I fly off the bridge, but manage to grip onto the edge by literally the tip of my fingernails. I grunt, as I suddenly discover I'm a lot heavier than I think I am.

A gloved hand appears in front of me, and I grip on with all my strength. Cap heaves me up, and swings me around, allowing my boot to connect with one of the aliens faces. It goes flying backwards into another pair running towards us. I grip onto the handle of my now shrunken down blade, and launch the dagger into the final alien's direction.

"Cap, there's a bank on 42nd, just past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilians in there"

"I can get you there"

Cap nods "I'm on it" and grabs hold of my hand. We begin running, until we eventually dissolve into black smoke. Buildings shoot past my vision, and is made clear that he won't be able to use the front door.

"Will a window suffice?!" I ask, not really giving him time to answer before I push him off my hand and towards the window.  But it's clear that he anticipates this, and rolls into the bank with no hesitation. I appear ontop of a smaller building, and examine the targets hovering through the street "Stark I need you to stop these Leviathans before they destroy the entire city"

"Get these strays off my tail and I'll get its attention" I look up towards the sky, and see more than a dozen aliens chasing down Stark. I concentrate. 1 meter between the Chitauri and Stark. That's not enough for me to get rid of them all at once

"Speed up Stark, I need you at lease two meters away!"

"Easier said than done, purple eyes" But he speeds up anyway, slowly. Very slowly. I warm up the electricity within my palms, ready to stretch it out into a barrier. 1.5 meters. Just a little further... 2 meters!

He shoots past my head, and I throw my electric barrier up into the air. I hold it, and feel the impact of the aliens being electrocuted to their deaths. My arms shake with the impact of the aliens hits. Thirteen dead, all in one go.

"I've definitely got its attention, what's step two?" I turn and find that Stark had kept his word. The flying Leviathan follows the flying man, as though it's a fish waiting to attack the bait.