Nightmares

Enjolras POV                                                                                              (finally, also the underlined part are flashbacks.)  

       "Enjolras, hurry, they're gaining!" "I know, 'Ferre I know! We just have to stall them!" I was getting worried, I knew we were going to die by this point, but we were not going done without a fight. We had to try, for all of the men that have fell, for Gav, for the girl, Eponine."Enjolras, we could try this!" all of them were holding up bottles. I nodded. We threw them, getting one or two on the head, backing up with every throw. "Uh-oh." We had run out. This was bad, they were right below us. The four of the les amis were looking at me with sorrow, despair, hope, life, fear, all things leading to show that they knew we would die. They aimed their guns at the floor, and looked down. For a second they glanced up, then at me. They nodded, 'Ferre was crying. It was like a goodbye. In a split secnd I heard gunshots and they all fell to the ground. I felt tears in my eyes. 'Enj, you can do this, don't cry' I told myself. I heard footsteps, and saw more than five soldiers pointing their guns at me. I stepped back as far as I could. I was about to say a final goodbye when I saw R stumble up the stairs. He looked at me, and came up and was beside me i a mater of seconds. I rose the flag,and heard gunshots.....then everything went dark.

__--~~--__

I woke up drenched in sweat. Gav was sitting next to me, reading a children's book. He looked up at me with wide eyes. "Enj you're awake! Are you okay? I just got back from a walk with Ep and I came to your guys' side of the house and I heard you mumbling and yelling so I got you a wet towel and some water!" I just chuckled. Gav could be just like a mother sometimes. "Yes Gav, I'm fine. Thanks." He nodded and then left. I wondered how long I had been out. I checked the time. Woah, ten o'clock?!? That is late to sleep! Oh no, I missed breakfast. Dangit, Carlotta and her chefs were great at cooking. Well anyways, I fell asleep at about two am, so that is about eight hours.

 I looked over at my bedside table, and saw water, as Gav had said, and I also saw a platter with eggs, toast, and jam. That was enough to keep me good until tonight. I ate it all in a matter of minutes. 

After that I got up and went over to my dresser.I got out a nice white cotton shirt, a red and gold vest, some black trousers, and some shoes. I quickly got dressed, and then washed my face and combed a bit of my ever-so-curly golden hair. After that I went to R's room. We were like brothers, we had always known each other, so we were very close. I walked in and saw him sitting on a armchair, his head in his hands with a bottle of some beverage (alcoholic, no doubt) on the table next to him. "R? Are you okay?" He nodded, and went back to sitting still. I then just left. R had nightmares too, but he prefered being alone with a bottle of alcohol after them. I went through to check on everyone, and got to the dreaded room. Courfeyracs. I took a deep  breath, and stepped inside, just to be hugged by both Courf and Gav. "Yay! You finally showed u!" Guess who said that...........it was Courf. I honestly think that he acts like a two year old, but oh- well.  "Hello Courfeyrac. Are you okay?"  "Yep, just had a bit of sugar." That was fine then, he was just hyper. "Ok, bye buddy!" I heard a muffled "bye" and then left. I went downstairs and left to the library. I always had loved to read, especially adventure novels.

I went into the library, and saw Marius and Cosette in a corner, and then I noticed Eponine, looking like she was struggling to read a book. I looked back to Marius and Cosette and saw that they were kissing. Gross. "GET A ROOM! I'M TRYING TO READ HERE!!" I heard a female voice yell. The loving pair and me turned to Eponine, me trying not to smile or laugh, Marius turning red and hiding his face, and Cosette looking at her fuming mad, annoyed, and obviously jealous about what Eponine was wearing.

While Cosette was wearing a very pretty extravagant pink dress with purple trimmings, Eponine was wearing a simple but beautiful white dress with bows and frills. She was also wearing blue flats, with a blue bow holding bits of her hair up and out of her face. 

"Fine. Come Marius." Cosette then got up, Marius got up and they both left. I went over to a seat in a corner and observed Eponine. She rolled her eyes and went back to reading, or struggling to read. She was obviously stressed, annoyed, and tired. After a bit I went over to her. "Bonjour mademoiselle." I greeted. "Bonjour monsieur, and please, just call me Ep." She replied. "Okay, then call me Enjolras. Do you want help?" I gestured to the book. "Yes please. Sorry, I was never taught." I nodded, knowing about her background, I wasn't all that surprised.

After quite a while of teaching her, she could read an entire page out loud in only a minute and a half. She was so excited and happy just to read a sentence or two, it was great. 

After reading a chapter, we decided to go and get a snack. We ventured into the kitchen and got some grapes.

Truth be told, I had not been really happy my entire time here. Last night I was acting, and I was sorta right now. I hated acting,and soon became my regular self,as did Eponine.We sat in an uncomfortable silence, until she spoke up. 

"Well, Enjolras, thank you for helping me. I will see you at dinner." And with that she left. I was almost sad to see her leave, but quickly dismissed that feeling.

 Enjolras, what has happened to you?

__--~~--__

FINALLY STUFF IS HAPPENING!!!!!! Sorry for not uploading! I had loads of stuff to do and forgot!=P

ALSO 100 READS!!!! That's a lot to me! So thank you to all of you who have read this story! Love you guys! BBBBBBBYYYYYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

~KaleighMae123 <3