Chapter 1

Song: "Another Try" Josh Turner. (Ok I was rushed putting this chapter out so I didnt get the proper time to get a good song. Comment and tell me what song youd think would be better)

October 2016

When I got the phone call offering me a job to be one a photographer for Fourth Period magazine in Toronto, I took it.  Since Taylor and I ended our three year engagement a year ago I moved back to Windsor and got a job at a local newspaper taking editorial shots for them and doing some free-lance work and selling my prints on the side. I wasn’t making enough to support myself. This job opportunity could open big doors for me in the future.  Also I figured I could find a coaching job for figure skating. Toronto is like the center for all winter sports. Tons of competitions go on there all year long and so many opportunities to be a judge and coach.

I broke off our engagement a year ago. He moved me out to Edmonton about six months after we got back together and proposed about a six months after that. I was happy for a while; Taylor kept his promise to be faithful for the first year, even moved out and got us our own condo so he wouldn’t be influenced by Jordan. But I still wasn’t enough for him. He went behind my back and cheated on me with several girls. This time I was all alone and didn’t have Jackie to run to. So I packed up and moved back to Windsor. I was so alone. All my friends had moved away. All the guys were had either moved back to their home towns to get regular jobs or went into the NHL or a minor hockey league. Jackie went to Nashville with Ryan, and the last time I heard Kenny was still in Toronto. We didn’t talk since I moved to Edmonton.  If I could go back five years ago and change my mind I would. Taylor only put me through more heartache and pain. I made the wrong decision years ago, and now I have to pay for it.

I didn’t tell Kenny I was moving to Toronto, I didn’t think he needed to know. I mean what were the chances Id run into him in Toronto. He runs in the big celebrity hockey crowd and I’m just a normal everyday person. It’s a big enough city that the two of us wouldn’t run into each other. Right?

I got everything settled. I was renting an apartment in downtown Toronto. It was a cute, modern place. It had floor the ceiling windows all around it. I needed this opportunity to get back into skating and to start my life over again.

~*~*~*~

“Ok” I looked at my watch on my wrist. “We’ve run out of time today girlies. Next time we meet we will go over the plans for the Christmas program. You’re free to go” I said. I watched all my six and seven year old girls skate over to their parents and get ready to leave. I had been at the magazine and instructing for over a month. The magazine was easy, they told me what studio to meet them at, and was paid good money upfront. And the instructing job was a piece of cake.  All the girls had taken to me quite well; even some of the older girls remembered hearing about me from many years ago. As I skated to the benches to remove my skates, I watched the peewee hockey team skate onto the ice. I remember when I was little hated the hockey players who kicked me off the ice when I would practice. Figure skating always came second hockey. Little did I know I’d end up dating two big name hockey players in the NHL.

I got up to go to my office to change in my street clothes. When I turned the corner I ran into something that felt like a brick wall.

“Oh I’m sorry” I said not even looking up into the face of who I ran into.

“It’s ok….Nico”

I knew that voice. My head shot up to see a smiling Kenny. He looked so different. He was a lot bigger than when he was in Windsor. He bulked up. Even with his hockey gear on I still could tell he was bigger. He had his hair a little longer like he always kept it, and his face was more mature that I remembered. He was no longer that boy back in Windsor, he was a man in Toronto. He still had those bright blue eyes that I fell in love with five years ago.