Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Louis Pov

I took pain medication to help my hangover and I was feeling better. Niall, Liam and Zayn had decided to go out on another walk, which I find weird. I understand that they might want to get out of the cabin but it's cold out and there really isn't anywhere to go.

I felt my stomach rumble, I think I could manage to keep some food down. I looked around the room. It is a complete mess. There was dirty tissues everywhere and dirty clothes everywhere, not to mention the garbage bin was still full from last night, Harry never took care of it and I was too drunk and sick. To put it this way the room absolutely reeked.

I picked up the garbage can gaging at the stench. I tried my best not to look in it. Harry was in our bathroom so I went to the other one. I dumped the contents in to the toilet and rinsed the bin out in the tub.

I picked up all of my dirty clothes and tossed them into the hamper along with Harry's clothes. Maybe he will hate me a little less. I tossed out the tissues and opened the window to get some fresh air in the room.

The sky was getting darker and I could see thunder clouds in the distance.  I won't have Harry tonight to help me through the storm. I sighed and made my bed, picking up a few more things. Now that the room looked decent I could go eat something.

I scrounged through the fridge and settled on making a sandwich. I walked into the living room and sat down, taking a bite of my sandwich. Not the best thing I've ever eaten. I took a few more bites losing interest in the sandwich. Niall could make me a better one.

I set it down looking around. My eyes fell on the piano. I haven't played in a while. Music has always helped me express my feelings. When I was younger I played the piano and it helped me a lot.

I sat down on the bench adjusting my set. I ran my fingers over the smooth wood and lifted the cover, reveling the keys. I pressed down on one of the keys checking the sound. It was so rich and beautiful.

My fingers began to dance over the keys. I closed my eyes taking in the sound. I forgot where I was. The sound of the keys was so simple yet so beautiful. It held so much emotion to me.

Memories began to flood my mind. Every emotion, every feeling I've stored up came out with this one song.

Tears began to find their way out tears of joy and hurt. Everything built up. I have been crying so much lately and that's weird to me, but for some reason everything hurts more.

I played the last note letting the last tear fall, the last of  my emotions. Playing the piano has always helped me but right now I feel no better. It feels like there's this hole in the pit of my stomach. I don't know how to fill it. I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know what.

I heard a rumbling in the distance. I closed the lid to the piano carefully and walked to the window peering out side. Small drops of water hit the window sliding down. I remembered the window in the bedroom was opened. I should probably shut that.

As I walked up the stairs I could hear the sound of music, singing actually. Harry's voice. I could hardly make it out. I got closer to the sound.

I walked towards the door I could make out the words now.

(a/n: The song is 'Don't Let Me Go by Harry Styles, I'm not going to start from the beginning of the song because Louis walked in on his singing so I'm going to just leave out a few lines. I'll leave a link to the video.)

I saw in the corner there is a photographNo doubt in my mind it's a picture of youIt lies there alone on it's bed of broken glassThis bed was never made for two
I'll keep my eyes wide openI'll keep my arms wide open
Don't let meDon't let meDon't let me go'Cause I'm tired of feeling aloneDon't let meDon't let me go'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
I promise one day I'll bring you back a starI caught one and it burned a hole in my hand ohSeems like these days I watch you from afarJust trying to make you understandI'll keep my eyes wide open yeah
Don't let meDon't let meDon't let me go'Cause I'm tired of feeling aloneDon't let meDon't let me go