New York

* Jack's POV*

I open the door very excited to see Sam because it's been a month.

Usually we are closer during the summer but my parents had to go on a work thingy. I don't know.

Sloane went to Africa for a month to help out the people there.

But I didn't know that Sam was having such a hard time staying with Aaron Philips.

I had seen him a couple times since I've been back, with Caden Fabion, Jamie Salix, Sam Balen and Chase Talbott the schools Jocks and bad boys. Gag!

But when I opened that door and saw innocent little Sam clearly hurting, it made me really mad at the person who made her feel this way. I could feel my fists clenching at my sides as I look where Sam's gaze is directed. It is Aaron Philips. I thought they were getting along really well, but I can't lie, I had a suspicion that he would hurt her feelings in some way.

" Are you okay?" I ask concerned.

I wrap her in a big bear hug, something that I have missed since I've been gone.

I pull away and I look into her eyes to see how hurt she really is.

With one last glare at Aaron I swing my arm around her and walk into the house.

I try to make it as sassy as possible because that's something I'm working on.

I really hope Aaron liked my sassiness because there is going to be a whole lot more in the future.

*******

" Why would he say that?" Sloane asks with frustration.

I look over at Sam for her answer but she just shrugs.

" Maybe you might have said something to him that you might not have known would offend him." I point out.

" There was this one thing." She bit her lip.

" Tell us." Sloane whines.

"Well I told you guys about the date right?"

" Yesssss." Sloane and I answers in unison.

"Well after when we got home, we were in the hallway and he almost..."

" Almost what??" I ask with enthusiasm.

" He almost kissed me."

My jaw slacked. I didn't realize that a player like Aaron Philips would be interested in a girl like Sam. No offence to Sam.

She's really competitive, she's as thin as a pole, she's an amazing athlete, she's nice to almost everyone she knows, and above all she's always so positive and happy. Whenever your having a bad day, she's always at your side cheering you up and helping you through it. The only thing is people consider her as a nerd.

And Aaron is so.... competitive, rude, cocky, sexist, and crude.

How could the two of them possibly have a relationship. The thought makes me shiver and I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

" Did you kiss him back?" Sloane squeals.

" No, I pushed him away." She replies in a quiet voice.

" Can we just not talk about Aaron right now? He's makes me so annoyed." She clenches her jaw.

" Sure!" I'd do anything to change the subject.

" Well I have something I need to tell you guys." She mumbles.

" Ok go on." Sloane sing-songs.

" I'm going on a vacation for the month of August."

I look over at Sloane who is pouting her lip.