chapter 4

I walked through the park looking for Aaron. After few steps I found him sitting on a bench behind a tree. He was navigating through this phone. I went around the tree and without making any noise went behind him and took his phone out of his hand. Before he could figure out what happened I ran with his phone in my hand.

"Kayla." I heard him shout playfully at me. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him and ran again. He was running after me and we were laughing like children. It felt good running in a park full of children and some adults as well, like some lunatic. Though everyone was staring at us it didn't matter, we were having the time of our lives. Soon he caught up to me and I gave up. I was breathless and sat on a nearby bench and he joined me. We were panting and he looked at me and we both started to laugh again. I looked at him and he was still laughing with his dimple visible, his eyes shining he looked carefree like a child. I smiled to myself.

"So, any luck finding house so far?" I asked when he stopped laughing.

"I don't think so. Dad hasn't called yet so I don't know for sure."

"What happened to your old home?" He raised an eyebrow and I quickly corrected my mistake. "I meant why not live in your old home. You didn't sell it as far as I remember."

"No, we did not. We still own it. But dad wants to live here though I don't know why. I asked him but he seems to like it here."

I nodded in agreement. "This side of town is nice and calm. I won't like to move away from here."

"I agree and the park is pretty big to play chase with you." I laughed at that. We were talking when a little girl came towards us. She poked Aaron's leg with her tiny fingers.

"Hello beautiful," Aaron said with a smile.

"Hi," I waved at her. She smiled at us both.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked innocently.

"Sure ma'am," Aaron said while lifting her up and placed her between us. She looked at him and then at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"What are you doing all alone here?" I asked her.

"I came with my brother. He had to go talk to a friend so he asked me to wait. I saw you two playing so I came to sit with you," she said and gave a bright smile at the end. She was cute and bubbly girl with red curls that hung at her shoulders. She had a sweet and innocent face with big grey eyes that were circled with black rings.

"I forgot to ask you. What is your name?" I asked while playing with her curls.

"Adelaide."

"That's a cute name," Aaron said while giving her a wink. She blushed and I chuckled.

"What are your names?" She asked looking at me.

"I am Kayla and he is Aaron."

"You are beautiful Kayla." I smiled and expressed my gratitude to her.

"What about me?" Aaron asked raising his eyebrow and giving her a smile.

"You are not beautiful." I chuckled and Aaron pouted. "You are smart and handsome. Aiden said boys are not beautiful, girls are." Aaron was watching her lovingly and she was worth loving.

"Who is Aiden? Your brother?" I asked and she nodded.

"He has told you nothing but the truth," I said with a smile.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked me, pointing her thumb at Aaron.

"What do you think?" Aaron asked her before I could have said anything. She pondered for a while and then answered, "I don't know. You were not holding hands but you look good together." At her response he chuckled and looked at me. His eyes looked right into mine and I blushed. He smirked and looked away.

"He is not my boyfriend." I said looking at Aaron.

"Too bad," she said in her baby voice.

"Yeah, too bad. Where will you find a guy like me?" Aaron said with a smirk. I laughed at him.

"You are mad Aaron."

Aaron's phone rang. It was his dad. After ending the call he looked at me and smiled. "We got the house," he said with a huge grin.

"That is great news. Where exactly?" I asked.

"Mr. Gordon's house."

"Really?" I asked with wide eyes. "They live across my home." On hearing this news his grin grew even wider.

"Then we are going to be neighbors."

"Yes we are."

"Addy?" A woman came towards us. She was in her forties. She was beautiful with red hair and blue eyes.

"Mom." Adelaide jumped from the bench and hugged her mother. "Mom, they are Aaron and Kayla. They are my friends." She greeted us and we did the same. Adelaide gave us a kiss and bade us goodbye.

�e�<