Chapter 9

Maybe the Tardis had rushed things but this had taken some doing, making everyone think he'd been around his whole life, well except for him, why was that?  Surely it would have been better for him if he remembered living his life?  Maybe not though, if the Tardis intended him finding her, he would have found it more difficult and if his memory did return, then he'd feel guilty for doing it and leaving her but she didn't think the Tardis intended for him to remember at all.

She came out of the bathroom, the t-shirt covering the top of her legs, she didn't have the nerve to wash her undies and leave them to dry in the bathroom so she'd left her spare pair in her purse and found Alec's laundry in the wardrobe and figured she'd just go find the laundry room on Monday morning and go drop it off for him.

"Alec, I've finished, I put my laundry with yours, I'll sort if for you.  I'm going to make some tea, do you want some?"

He got up and crossed to the kitchen area as Rose was filling the kettle.  He looked at her, in his t-shirt and just being able to see the bottom of the shorts.  He put his arms around her neck and kissed it, making Rose smile. 

"I'll take that as a yes then?  Don't you get any funny ideas mister, I'll still sort you out even if you are ill, got it?"

"Yes Ma'am, got it but I want a goodnight kiss."

"You'll get one when we've had our drinks and don't forget that key."

He went to the kitchen drawer and brought it out and put it in her hand.

"I meant it Rose, your name is down so you may as well take advantage, just make yourself at home even when I'm not here and think seriously about staying in the hotel, right?"

"Yeah, I will but you might regret inviting me, I could do something really stupid like be here when you finish work and have dinner ready for you."

"Then I wouldn't mind if you did.  I may have supposed to have been married but I really don't know what it's like so you may be the one who might regret it."

"I've lived with worse people, well not lived with a boyfriend, not since Jimmy Stone and I don't want to remember that but I had another boyfriend, Mickey, you'll get to meet him but he was a bit of a slob really.  Then there was the friend I lost, we sort of lived together but had separate rooms and Ryan, well nothing much happened, I stayed overnight a few times but we didn't get very far in the bedroom department, I was still reluctant."

"I didn't ask for your love life history Rose," Alec smiled.  "I've got nothing to tell you, sorry."

"It's ok Alec, I was only saying but on Monday, when we get more results back, we can start seeing if you can remember some things and if not, then you'll just have to accept that this is who you are, Alec Hardy – police detective and if you want the job, being my boyfriend, it will save any awkward questions that we spend a lot of time together because if Pete sends another team down, then I'll have more time to look after you."

He liked the sound of that, she was just what he needed, his first real solid relationship, well that he could actually remember.  He waited until she made the hot drinks and put his arms around her waist and nuzzled her neck.  She felt like home.